October 13, 2014


Monday - Cold and rainy.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I had a good day today. I wasn't sure if it would be one or not, but it was.  Hurray for that.

I got up a bit late this morning, because I was tired and it was quite dark outside.  It was very overcast, although not raining yet.  I got up and after a few minutes I went back to bed.  I had thought that F would be out in the morning, but he was on the couch staring at his computer.  

I woke up later and got up to stay.  I checked email and did my morning stuff, then talked with F about our day's events.  He wanted to go for lunch, so off we went.  Today we went to a place in Haguro, quite a nice restaurant actually.  We both had steamed salmon in miso sauce and the usual Japanese things with it. It was very nice.

F brought me home after that and then went off to his mother's.  He was supposed to re-paper the shoji, but didn't.  He took his mum out for a bit, they went to an Ashi-yu, or hot foot bath.  He said that she enjoyed it.  

He came home a bit later and we got out the other quilt for our bed.  I've been trying to snuggle under F's for the last few nights, but I think we each need our own one now.  

We went out to S-Mall for a tea at Doutors and then had dinner at the Indian/Nepal restaurant.  I had sag curry again and it was great. I was surprised because I was finished quite a bit before F was.  Then again, I cancelled my rice so that I did have a little left to eat.  I'm not sure I understand why I have to have rice AND naan.  I'd rather have naan any day!

After dinner we went to the grocery store and picked up some food for the next two days.  Tomorrow I'm going to make some chicken soup, so I'll have to try and do that early on.  

We came home and had a quiet evening really. I watched Person of Interest tonight, which surprisingly was on IN ENGLISH tonight…well, bilingually really. It was an okay show and I'll probably try to watch it for a while if my other must-see shows aren't on.  

And that's about it for my day.  My cold seems to have come back and I feel a bit achy and feverish the way people do before they get sick.  I'm really hoping that I don't get really sick, that this is just a head cold or something.  

We're presently under a storm warning at the moment.  The typhoon is coming north. We've had strong rain in the evening, but the website tells me that we will have Storm, Heavy Rain, Flood,High Waves,and Thunderstorms.  Yikes.  Hopefully I'll be able to post tomorrow night!  I have to go.  Night! 

No comments: