January 30, 2015

Friday - Cold and snowy

A good day finally!

I overslept this morning.  I didn’t in a way.  I got up around 8:30, went to the washroom, went back to bed for 30 minutes, woke up an hour and a half later.  Sigh.  F was sitting on the couch watching TV.  I had thought he was going over to his house to walk the dog, but he was enjoying couch time.  Sigh.  

F made some bread overnight and even though he offered me some, I turned him down.  I just didn’t want any then.  He finally got dressed and went to his house, but came back really soon.  

We went out for lunch together.  I suggested a hotel that has a cheap lunch, but we haven’t gone there in ages.  We went to their parking area, parked and went into the hotel.  We found out that they don’t have their cheap lunch anymore, but F noticed a flyer for a Japanese style restaurant that was in the hotel.  Of course he wanted to go there.  I wasn’t sure to be perfectly honest, but of course it turned out to be quite a nice place!  We had set menu meals and they were really nice.  I had the Hana lunch and had things like chawanmushi, sashimi, ebi-fry and cutlet with it, F had a simpler, cheaper one and had grilled fish…which would have been great for me!  Funny. 

After lunch we went to Mr. Donuts for tea and coffee, we shared one of the new treats there….It was nice but too sweet for both of us.  We picked up some groceries for me and some kerosene for the apartment and then came home.  

F left our apartment somewhere around 5:30.  Tonight he’s in a ryokan in Yunohama with some friends.  I don’t begrudge him the time away at all, in fact, I wish he’d go out with friends more!  He’s a bit too clingy for my comfort.  He did phone me around midnight to say goodnight.  He was very…happy!   Is that a nice way of putting it?

I stayed home and did something interesting.  I set up the bread maker to make some dough.  I took it out, made half of it into buns and then made the other half into cinnamon buns!  I let them all rise again and then I baked them.  I had to do them in two batches as I don’t have a big oven.  
I made four buns...these are the remaining two!

Cinnamon buns :-)
I ate my dinner, had a couple of buns with it and then some of the cinnamon buns.  They were yummy!  I’m rather impressed with myself!  I hope they’ll be good for F in the morning when he comes home!

The rest of the evening I’ve spent watching TV and crocheting or working on my computer.  I originally had plans to watch all kinds of things, but with F not leaving me alone until late I didn’t have time to do the other things I wanted to do.  I have enjoyed myself, however!

That’s about it for me for tonight. I’m not sure what will be on the agenda tomorrow.  I’m hoping to see a movie, but it depends on how F is feeling.  Come back and find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: