July 18, 2015

Saturday - Cloudy and rainy, a little cooler

A good day.

I went to bed after 4 this morning. It was getting light out before I went to bed, so I wore my eye mask again.  I got up around 7 and took the bar off the door so F could come in whenever he wanted to.  I went back to sleep.

F came home around 10:30 I think and I got up around 11.  I checked email and then took a shower.  

F wanted to go to his “Farmer’s Restaurant” again and this week I didn’t mind.  We went there and had quite a nice meal.  They had an eggplant stew-y kind of dish that was really nice.  It was a bit like Baba Ganoush.  I had pork with apple ponzu and grilled sea bream.  It was good.  

After lunch, we stopped into HardOff, a secondhand shop.  We found out that they were having a major sale on most things in the shop, and were even having time sales.  They were selling their bags at 50% off, but I didn’t find anything I was in love with.  F found me a bag that was 8000 yen, so reduced to 4000.  It was okay, but a bit small and I thought still too expensive!  I found a couple of dress up bags that I could use at weddings or conventions, but they weren’t expensive anyway…and I already have a couple at home.  What I did end up getting was a baking dish, a pyrex deep dish with a lid on it.  Hopefully it’ll be a good addition to my kitchen stuff.  Oh, and a cake lifter.  F got a pair of shoes for himself.  Then, after I scanned the kimono (I have no real use for kimono sad to say) I found a brand new slow cooker in their appliances.  I looked at it quite carefully and F read the sticker for me.  It hadn’t been used.  I decided to think about it for a while, so we walked around the store.  I scanned the dvds and apart from Monty Python & the Holy Grail, didn’t want to buy anything.  I didn’t get the Monty Python because I have too many unwatched movies at the moment.  

I talked it over with F about the slow cooker.  My present slow cooker is over 10 years old now.  It’s really big for the two of us, so it is expensive to fill.  Also I just notice that there is a bit of a wiring problem, so it may be time to get a new one anyway.  F said to get it, so we did.  Yay!  Now I have to figure out where to put it when I’m not using it!

After HardOff we went to Mr. Donut and had some tea and a doughnut each.  I had one, I can’t lie!  It was quite good!  I knew not to have an old-fashioned as they are quite high calorie.  I had the same as F, a Double chocolate. It was a splurge, but not terrible really.

We came home after Mr. Donut and F took a nap.  I did a lot of moderating stuff on my email groups and read some blogs, did some other internet things and then whammo!  It was almost 8 pm.  I decided to go and wake up F so that we could go and have dinner. 

He woke up fine, but then didn’t really ask me what kind of food I wanted tonight.  I made a few suggestions, he made a few suggestions.  He wanted his fish restaurant, but it was busy, another place he suggested was full.  I thought we were going to try an Indian restaurant, then he changed to Italian and then at the last minute to an izakaya he likes.  We went there and had a very expensive dinner.  It was good, but…not really what I wanted.  I find it very hard to stay on my healthy eating programme when I’m with F.  Don’t get me wrong, the food was good, but covered in mayonnaise, or sticky glazes, just not what I needed tonight.  

We came home again and I watched CSI and did a little more crochet.  My next blanket is getting on quite well.  F went off to bed around 1 and I set the DVR to record Broadchurch 2 tomorrow.  

I’m not exactly sure what is going to happen tomorrow, but I think that we will be going out of town tomorrow afternoon, probably returning on Monday afternoon.  I most likely won’t be here tomorrow night.  Sorry…try not to miss me too much!  Until next time….

No comments: