January 23, 2016

Saturday - Clear but cooler

A good day.

I woke up a bit late today, but F was out so I didn’t feel too bad about it.  I got up, and was gathering my stuff to take a shower when he arrived home.  I took my shower, checked my email and then we decided to go out for brunch.

I suggested a few places including his favourite place, and that’s where we went.  We went to the Farmer’s Restaurant and had a pretty decent meal. 

F asked that we go to the Internet Cafe after lunch, so after a quick stop at home to pick up some craft stuff for me, we went there.  Wonder of wonders, there was one massaging chair available, so I told F to take it and I took a reclining chair.  They promised to tell me if a massaging chair came available.  I think I had been in my little booth for 10 minutes when there was a knock on the door!  

We spent about 4 hours at the Internet Cafe and it was okay.  I did some knitting, but somehow dropped a stitch.  I watched Magnolia, a film I’d seen years ago, and wanted to watch again.  It was good and weird!

When our time was up, I let F know and we headed out to the mall in Mikawa.  We had dinner at the small food court near the theatre and had bibinba.  It was quite nice.  It wasn’t enough for F so he got more food from another area.  

Then, we went to see The Walk.  It was in 3D so we had those dorky glasses on, but honestly, we were the only people in the huge theatre!  It was a good movie, and even though I was pretty sure how it ended, quite full of suspense.  

After the movie we drove back to Tsuruoka and have been watching a bit of TV.  First I watched Project Runway, because Project Runway, and now I’m watching a David Bowie Concert because David Bowie.  And, because I’ve never seen him in concert, even on TV really.  I was never a huge fan of Bowie, I liked some of his stuff, especially the more commercial 80’s music, but never bought an album or anything. 

Before we went to the movie, F found out that there was a death in his sister’s extended family, so we aren’t sure what is going to happen over the next few days.  He was wondering about cancelling our trip to Sendai, but I am planning a few days there by myself first, so that should still be fine.  I didn’t know the person that died, so probably don’t have to go to the funeral or do anything.  

Anyway, that’s about it for me for tonight.  Tomorrow F has to go to his mother’s and they’ll go over to his sister’s or something.  He doesn’t know exactly what will happen.  I’ll likely sleep in and then see what we get up to when he comes home.


Come back a bit later and I’ll give you all the scuttlebutt!  Until tomorrow then!

No comments: