January 3, 2016

Sunday - Clear and Sunny, bit of rain

A good day.

I got up around 11 this morning and after checking email put a few things on the table for a light lunch.  We had chocolate chip bagels, salad and chicken, all courtesy of Costco!  It was nice to eat at home for a change.  We also had some tea with our meal.

After lunch, we went out.  I wanted to go to S-Mall and get my bus tickets for next month.  We did that, and then hacked around the mall a little.  I bought 3 fukubukuros, or lucky bags.  I didn’t spend a fortune, but they had some quite nice stuff in them.  We had a nice drink in Doutors.  I made a dinner suggestion that F didn’t hate, but when I talked about going home before dinner, he didn’t want to do that.  

We ended up going to the Shrine in Tsuruoka Park for our Hatsumode, or first visit of the year.  It wasn’t very busy, or very cold, so it was really nice to be there.  When we finished, I suggested walking around the park a little.  


Herons in a tree.  One kept flying overhead, but only when my camera was in my pocket!

Herons...note the cool rope tying on the tree...supposed to protect the trees from the heavy snow.  


When F was tired, we left the park.  He wanted to go to the Komagi Spa right away, so we did.  We had a bit of time before the buffet opened, so we looked in the shop section and I bought a few veggies.  I got some onions, potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes and a bulb of garlic.  

We had a nice dinner at the restaurant.  It wasn’t terribly busy, which was a bit sad as the food was rather nice tonight.  They didn’t have a “meat” main course, but there was a lot of fish and the desserts were quite nice too.  We ate too much and then left.

We bought a very few groceries at the local grocery store and came home.  F watched a lot of boxing, I watched something I think, and then F watched more boxing before going to bed.

He’s been under the weather a lot lately.  I think the weather does horrible things for his back problems.  I’m not sure it excuses some of his behaviour lately, but it does help to explain it.  


Tomorrow I hope to do a bit of laundry, plus I’m going to cook a roast in the slow cooker.  If my dear husband decides that he won’t eat it, I guess I will enjoy more of it than I planned! He’s back at work too, so I hope he works up an appetite.  Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: