May 24, 2016

Tuesday - Hot and sunny, muggy

A good day.

I got up this morning at 9:00 am and turned on Castle.  I did my usual stuff and had a good time watching the show.  It was the one that gave me the idea for using “until tomorrow” as my sign off, so I was chuffed to see it again.

I decided not to do a workout today.  I had walked a lot yesterday and my legs were still tired from the night before.  I usually rest on the weekends, but this weekend, F wanted to go walking so I needed a break.  I’m glad I did.  

He came home for a quick lunch and then left again.  I did some laundry and finally hung up all the clothes from the drying rack.  I’ve been putting it off for months.  I also went through a couple of drawers and threw out a few things from them.  I really need to go deeper, but I get attached to clothes and I just don’t want to.  I’d really be happy if I did I think.  

I scanned my cards, walked them to the post office and then I tried a new recipe for dinner.  The funny thing is I just found it this morning in my inbox, and thought it sounded good and even more surprising, I had the majority of the ingredients!  The ones I didn’t have I could either leave out or fudge, so no worries. Today, I made Paprika Chicken with Chickpeas and it was really good.  It wasn’t difficult, and if we weren’t going into summer I’d probably make it again soon.  It will be too hot to use the oven in a week or two.

F came home just as I got the food in the oven.  I told him to relax while it cooked.  I cleaned up the kitchen, set the table and then put out the salad and dressing plus cooked the maitake mushrooms.  Everything was really nice when it was ready.  I was very pleased with the chicken.

F put the dishes in to soak and asked that we go for a walk.  He wanted to check out the park.  This is Tsuruoka’s big festival of the year, the Tenjin Matsuri.  It’s running over three days this year.  We walked through the park and there were quite a lot of people there.  I almost wish that we hadn’t had dinner as there were some yummy things on offer, but F doesn’t really like to eat festival food.

We walked for 50 minutes tonight, not as long as yesterday, but far enough in all honesty.  It was good.  I told him I’d like to go again tomorrow night as I have a lunch date tomorrow and won’t exercise in the morning.  

We came home and I started in on a long forgotten craft that I’ve been working on for my sister for forever!  I made it up one size and then decided I didn’t like it, so I am taking it back and making it up again in another pattern!

F went to bed around midnight as he was tired and I should be off soon.  Oh, I’ll be away this weekend so I probably won’t post from Thursday to next Monday or Tuesday depending on a few factors.  Don’t miss me too much.  

And, before I go, here’s a look at the purse that I made.  I found the pattern on Ravelry and adapted it for my own use.  I also added side panels to the purse so my glasses case would fit into the purse.  It was made of the same yarn as the shawl I finished recently.

This is the Shell Stitch Clutch, Pattern by Lisa Van Klaveren

The inside.  I lined it with some cotton fabric that had a star design.
 The theme of our Convention is Reach for the Stars!
That’s it for tonight. I’m yawning up a storm!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: