May 8, 2016

Sunday - Hot and sunny

A good day.

I slept in this morning and got up to an empty apartment.  I didn’t mind, I knew that F was off with his mother and he was taking her to an onsen this morning.

I got dressed and when he came back I was  checking out my internet stuff.  That done, we decided what to do today.  F wanted to have sushi before going off to Sakata and I didn’t mind that much.  Off we went to Kintaro sushi.

I had a little bit of sushi, some miso soup and their sashimi mix so did quite well and kept the calorie count lower.  Yay for me.

We drove to Sakata and parked at the museum for a minute, then went off to get drinks.  From there we came back and went in the museum.  We went to see an exhibit of Marie Laurencin’s work.  We spent quite a while in the Art Museum looking at her work and the small collection of local art they have.  

After a while my friend and her little boy joined us.  F and I tried a little bit of child wrangling so my friend could enjoy the paintings by herself.  We were less than successful at one point as the little boy touched the frame of a painting.  Oh dear. I took him off to look at another section of the museum and we found a couch in a tiny room and sat there for a while and looked outside the museum.  

We had all planned to go to the museum coffee shop for a quick drink, but they closed. We asked Siri and he suggested a place I’d never been called Cloak.  My friend had been there and said it was good but a little small.  We decided to try it.  F and I drove there and parked nearby.

When my friend arrived we handed over the food that we had bought her at Costco, she paid us for it and we had our tea or coffee.  It was a lovely coffee shop really.  The little boy amused himself with F’s phone and was pretending to have a conversation on the phone.  He was the spitting image of every business person I’ve seen in Japan on the phone, bowing and saying “Hai”.  I decided to phone him and I was really surprised when he talked to me on the phone.  He doesn’t like me that much, but did very well in English and was very happy to talk on the phone like a grown up!

Sadly, our friend had to leave to help her family and we knew we had to go too.  They left and then F and I tried to find somewhere for dinner.  Siri wasn’t as helpful this time.  He kept directing us to places that didn’t exist or were closed.  F parked in a restaurant’s parking lot to get his bearings and ask Siri on his phone when we decided to just go to the restaurant that we were parked in front of.  It wasn’t a bad choice.

We went to a yakiniku restaurant and had a good meal.  We had all sorts of stuff, chicken, beef and pork.  We had kimchi and a salad too, to try and add a little balance to the mix.  It was nice.

On the way home, we stopped off at the Aeon mall in Sakata and bought a few groceries.  I’ll be making pasta for dinner tomorrow night.  I had most of the ingredients at home already anyway.  

We came home and had a very quiet evening.  I watched The Mentalist and worked on my shawl a bit.  I finished darning in most of the threads and then worked on the edging a bit.  

Tomorrow I hope to start getting ready for my upcoming trip. I need to figure out what to take and what to leave at home!  That means I have to decide my clothing soon.  

Come back in a bit and find out how my Monday at home goes.  Until tomorrow….


wespeakjapaneseandenglish said...

So happy to hear about this little boy....I think I know who he is! Glad you had a good day.

Helen said...

Thank you! Yes, you do know who he is!