June 22, 2016

Wednesday - Hot and sunny

A good day!

I woke up late this morning. F had come back from his medical check and stopped in to say hello.  Grr.  I was angry with myself because I hadn’t gotten up.  I had woken up a few hours before and decided to go back to sleep until my alarm went off…only I didn’t hear it.  Not sure what is going on with it.  Lately the volume things on my phone have been quite wonky.  

Anyway, I got up and hung up the laundry that I had done overnight.  My machine has a delay function, so you can do laundry overnight and hang it up when you want to.  It’s convenient when I remember it.  

I took a quick shower and got dressed for going out.  I had a quick cup of tea and then my friend arrived.  We decided to have lunch at Junior Paper Moon.  We both had the same dish, the ladies lunch.  It was very nice, a kabocha gnocchi.  It came with a salad, a drink and dessert.  The dessert was another of the sampler plates.  There were a lot of different choices and it was fun to try.  

We drove out to Mikawa and first went to a business suit shop to get something for my friend’s husband.  After that we visited Nittori, a furnishings shop.  I looked at kitchenware and bedding, my friend looked at some furniture too and also got a couple of pillow cases.  I bought us a new bottom sheet for our bed.  I was hoping to get one at Costco, but the last time we were there, they only had the winter weight ones and I don’t need fuzzy warm sheets in summer.  

After that, we went over to the Mall and had a little tour through the shops.  After a while we went to Seattle’s Best Coffee and had something to drink and a long chat.  It was really good to connect and share a few laughs.

All too soon, it was time for her to leave and she was on her way.  I sent F a quick text to say I was still at the mall and went and did a little shopping.  I looked for, and found something for my niece in Canada and bought that.  I also looked at a few other things, but when I was taking a little break, I noticed that F had called me.  I texted back in case he was driving and a few minutes later got another call.  He was in the mall.  We walked towards each other and found ourselves.  He was tired and thirsty so we had a tea or coffee at Mister Donuts and a doughnut too.  While we were drinking we decided to go upstairs for dinner.  F wanted ramen, I didn’t.  

F ended up having a cold ramen, that didn’t look horrible.  I had a bibinba that I rather liked. Since there weren’t any new movies, and I’d done my shopping, we just decided to go back to Tsuruoka. 

We drove back into town, went to the grocery store, and then came home.  F did ask if I wanted to walk tonight, but I didn’t.  Truth be told, I walked a lot in the mall today and one of my feet is a bit sore, so I really needed a night off.  I’ll likely go out with him tomorrow if the weather allows.

I worked on an edging for my sister’s runner, but I I don’t like it, so will rip it out.  I can’t find one that I like.  It’s a small motif, but the usual types of edgings don’t really fit.  I’ll work something out I think.  


Tomorrow I had better get started on my movie column.  I have a week to get it done.  I have a few ideas at least so I hope it’ll go fairly well.  Come back later and find out what I end up doing with my day.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: