July 2, 2016

Saturday - Muggy but hot, rainy at times

A good day.

I slept in this morning.  Sigh.  I didn’t mean to do it, but I just couldn’t drag myself out of bed this morning.  My alarms went off and I ignored them.  It was after 11 when I got up.  

I took a quick shower and expected we’d go for lunch, but F went to bed and took a nap!  He was very tired.  I finally woke him up and we went out for lunch.  I had suggested going to Hyakkenbori, the restaurant at the University, because I had noticed they had a grilled chicken special for lunch.  F was okay with that.  We drove off and he went the wrong way.  Okay, so he was taking a different route.  It wasn’t until he’d passed a couple of the different ways to get there that I checked he knew where we were going.  It was a bit like he’d forgotten.  

Lunch was great.  I had the grilled garlic chicken and it was good.  F had udon and tempura and liked it too.  We had a dessert too, F had a small cream puff and I had a big one with cherries in it.  Yum!

We bought gas for the car and then went home. At home, we went to sleep and slept almost the whole afternoon.  I got up around 5 pm, F was a bit before 6.  It was one of those lovely lazy days that almost never happen around here.

Around 6:30 we started discussing dinner.  We decided on Kintaro Sushi so went there.  We had some yummy sushi and I also had a sashimi plate too.  I gave F most of the shellfish from the plate since I’m not a fan.  

After dinner we went to the drugstore for soap for the bathroom, and also got a few other things for the apartment.  We got some cold icy things for us too.  I had ice cream, F had a popsicle kind of thing.  

We went to the cinema and went to see Hail, Caesar!. We were early, so sat in the lobby for a bit.  I know the reviews have been horrible, but I actually liked the film.  It wasn’t great, not a Fargo or a Big Lebowski, but cute and fun.  It’s very light however.  Our other choice for a film was the latest Alice in Wonderland thing, so I think we made the right decision.  

We came home after the movie and had a quiet evening in.  I made more popcorn and we had that and watched some TV and So You Think You Can Dance.  And honestly, that was about it for my day.


I have no idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow.  Please come on back and find out.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: