February 24, 2017

Friday - Clear, snowy and clear again

A good day.

I got up this morning on time but had to fill the kerosene heater.  It must have been working on fumes last night!  That done, I settled in for my ER fix along with breakfast and tea.

I took an early shower and then got dressed.  My friend said she’d be a little late so when the later time arrived, I went out to the lobby of the building to wait.  She arrived about 2 minutes later, so no problem.  

We went to Pisolino, the buffet and pasta restaurant and had a very nice lunch.  It was a bit tricky making sure that she was able to eat things, but I think we managed.  After our meal, she had to go to work, so she dropped me off at home again and then went on her way.

In the apartment I watched a bit of TV and then got stuck into the spare room again.  I didn’t throw out a lot of stuff, but I did go through a lot of bags and dusted off some books that I’d all but forgotten about.  I boxed them to take with us.  

When F called to say he was on his way home, I got the things out of the fridge for dinner. However, when he got home, he said that he couldn’t eat again.  Oh no!  I’m getting rather worried about him.  

After I ate and did my dishes, he asked if I wanted to go out for anything.  I actually did.  I needed something from the drugstore, and we needed more kerosene.  I was doing a questionnaire from the hotel we stayed in for my birthday and it was taking forever to load.  Finally done, we went off.  

We popped into the drugstore, I went right to the thing I needed (a nasal spray to keep the inside of my nose moist) and paid.  Then F bought kerosene.  On the way back home, he decided to go to the grocery store, but I stayed in the car.  He got himself a few things for his dinner.

We came home and watched Ricki and the Flash, the movie on WOWOW tonight with Meryl Streep and Rick Springfield.  It was actually pretty good, and we both enjoyed it.  I didn’t think that F was watching, but he surprised me by asking about the movie afterwards! During the movie I got quite a few squares joined together. I have finished another panel to join to the big one already done.  Yay for me.  

F took an early bath and went to bed, I did a postcard blog entry and then this.  I’ll likely go to bed soon too.  Tomorrow I’m hoping that F will start packing something, because he hasn’t done a blooming thing.  I plan to do a bit of sorting and throwing and I hope we’ll be able to go and see a movie in the evening too.  For the last 3 or 4 weeks there hasn’t been many new movies available in English, now there are 3 new ones that start this weekend.  It isn’t fair!


Come back later and see what we get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: