March 25, 2017

Tales from the Move…

Saturday - Clear and sunny, cold at night

A good day.

I went to bed late last night because I was over in the apartment.  I had a bit of a busy day yesterday.  I went over to the apartment in the morning with F, and after breakfast and some telly got busy.  I packed and sorted, same old thing.  In the afternoon I ran out to the post office and sent my sister the craft project I promised her years ago.  It’s mostly done, and I’m afraid that if I don’t get it to her soon, it would get lost in the move.  

Back at the apartment, I did a bit more work and then quit later at night.  I made dinner from the freezer and then decided to make a bread pudding with what was left in the apartment’s fridge.  I used a new recipe and it turned out well.  I watched Penny Dreadful which was great, except dear F called me at the last ten minutes of it AND my oven beeped at the same time.  Ack.  I asked F if I could call him back in 10 and got my stuff out of the oven.  The bread pudding looked great and I did call F back after the show was over.  He was a little drunk, and wanted to chat!

I had a little bit of the bread pudding,(yum) and then sat down and did some crochet.  I got the second last row done…but it took me until 3 am!  I ended up watching an odd Nicole Kidman movie. I went to bed on it so I don’t know how it ended.

Today, I woke up when F came back to the apartment.  I slept in a bit, but then got up.  F suggested going out to Kintaro sushi for brunch, so that’s what we did.  I wasn’t terribly happy, I had wanted something cooked, but didn’t really want to make a fuss.  The sushi was fine.  

After lunch, we went back to the apartment and over the next few hours packed and sorted quite a lot.  I started in on the kitchen, got our dinner china packed up, plus some of the kitchen bottles and things.  I did lots of laundry too. I also packed a couple of my suitcases with clothing to move over to the house.

F was busy, he took a load of stuff to the recycling centre and then we tried to take some of my personal papers to the gomi-station, but they didn’t work today.  We came home and I made tea and we had a snack.  

We quit a bit before 7 pm and loaded up the car.  We took a load to the house and then unloaded the car.  I gave F’s mother some of my bread pudding and we explained how to eat it…heated with milk is nice.  

Then, we took off for Mikawa to see Kong: Skull Island.  First we had dinner which was bibinba tonight.  Yum.  We didn’t have a lot of time after dinner, so went to the theater, got our drinks and popcorn, and then saw the movie.  We both quite liked it.  It wasn’t a serious film, but it was fun and the action was decent, so we liked it a lot.  

After the film, we drove back to Tsuruoka and came to F’s house.  I tried on some of the clothes in the wardrobe and they were too big. Yay for me.  I unpacked one of the suitcases I brought over, and refilled it with the older clothes in the closet.  I’ll go through them and decide if I want to keep of dispose of them.  Fashion has changed in the last 12 years or so, and so have I.  

It is getting very, very cold here. It is supposed to go down to -1 tonight and feels too close to that now.  We even turned on my heater here before we went out.  I think the room is too big for the power that it has.  Our apartment is much warmer than this house.  Yet another thing that I really hate about this place.  

Tomorrow I think we’ll be back to the apartment to do more ferrying over of stuff.  There’s still a lot to do.  I just want to get it done.  I’m tired of living out of suitcases and on restaurant food!

I hope to be back tomorrow.  Don’t miss me too much.  Night!

No comments: