June 25, 2017

Sunday - Cloudy and then rainy

A good day.

We slept in this morning and it was lovely to be able to do so.  Finally F and I got moving.  We went over to Hyakkenbori for brunch and it was nice for me.  I picked their summer special and really enjoyed it.  F, poor F, picked an udon dish but I saw there was a hair on it.  He did tell the waitress and of course they replaced it, but I don’t know if he enjoyed his meal after that.  

Cold udon with goma sauce, and steamed chicken.  Yum.

We drove out to Mikawa after our lunch and went to the mall.  We went and looked at the yarn section and I bought three colours.  Joining with what I have leftover from the last blanket I made, I should be able to make something nice for the newest member of my husband’s family.  

The yarn we bought, pink and dark and light grey.  I also have some cream left.


We also looked at socks for F. He got a couple of pairs, I got one as well. 

We had a doughnut and some coffee at Mr Donut, then went and bought our movie tickets.  Today’s movie was King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. It wasn’t good.  There were some good performances, a few good scenes, but overall, it really was a meh movie.  

F was ready for dinner after the movie and suggested driving to Amarume to go to a nice place there.  I wasn’t sure it was open, but said okay.  Of course, when we got there, we found that it is only open Friday and Saturday in the evenings.  Sigh.  We went to an Italian place instead and had a pizza and pasta set.  It was okay, but not that great for the price.  The salad at the beginning was nice, but F and I couldn’t agree on the pizza.  In the end, I let him pick and of course he picked wrong!  He chose a pizza with shrimp and bait on it. The shrimp and bait had no taste whatsoever, all we could taste was the tomato sauce.  The same sauce that has set off my allergies again.  Oh yay.  The pasta was fine, but could have done with a bit more oomph in the sauce.  

We drove back to Tsuruoka and got a few groceries.  I got stuff for my lunch tomorrow, and we picked up something for K’s dinner.  When we got back to the house, K was still up which was a bit of a surprise.  

F and I came upstairs and watched a bit of TV. I also got started on my new crochet project.  I did two and a bit rows tonight and it looks really nice!

Tomorrow I’m not sure what the weather will be like so don’t know if I’ll be able to go out or not.  I do hope I can go for a walk or something in the morning!


Come back later and see what I get up to.   Until tomorrow….

No comments: