November 30, 2017

Thursday - Rainy early on, clear later on.

An okay day.

I got up this morning and did my usual stuff. I had some tea, watched my show, and then went down for breakfast. We had our usual things this morning, I heated the milk for K’s cereal too. 

After breakfast, I did three loads of laundry and also got my first Christmas card of the year. Yay! 

I didn’t see K for a while when I was moving around the house, so thought I would wait a bit for lunch. I think it was an okay call as I finally did hear her downstairs a little later.  I asked her if she’d like some lunch and she said she would.  I had bought kara-age yesterday so I reheated that.  We had the fried chicken with salad and macaroni salad and onion soup.  It went over a treat to be honest.  I had some bread and jam at the end, K didn’t want hers.  

I did the dishes and then went back upstairs. I put some clothes away and I also got my Christmas cards ready to go to the post office. Around 3:30 I left and made a mad dash. I got there on time, just. I mailed out all of my cards and things went a little smoother today too. On the way back to the house, I popped into the convenience store for some drink and then walked back to the house again.  

When I was back at the house, I put all the Christmas presents I have bought out on the bed. I weighed the pieces and wrote down the prices too.  It’s a little chore, but it is necessary too. I was able to see who needs more presents and who has too many!

F came back to the house around the right time.  I suggested making nabe, so we went to the grocery store and got the ingredients.  When we came back he got to work. I did too, but doing different things. I set the table and kept offering to help, but it wasn’t accepted.  Sigh.  He didn’t want the soup that I made last time either, which is too bad.  In fact, F was quite grumpy and didn’t even like me talking to him.  Grr.  

We got the nabe on the table and cooked it.  F kept lifting the lid to check and of course it wasn’t done.  It wasn’t going to get done that way either.  Finally, it was ready and we ate.  It wasn’t his best effort as the soup he used was that tasteless stuff he uses…some kind of dashi. It is so bland.  Still, it was okay and we all had a nice meal.  

I did the dishes afterwards.  I couldn’t get K out of the kitchen fast enough. She was trying to “help” but kept getting in my way and not using hot water to wash dishes with.  F beetled off too when I suggested he help me by putting the leftovers in a small container.  He couldn’t understand why I might want a couple of small containers, rather than one big one. 

By the time I finished washing all the dishes and the nabe pot, the air in the kitchen was quite tense with the sound of the many F-bombs I was dropping.  I wasn’t too happy at all.  

I came upstairs and F was in bed in his pyjamas.  A few minutes later he went downstairs and took his shower, without telling me.  Nice.  Over the course of the evening, things did get a bit better, but still not happy. I took my shower, had some tea and that’s about where I’ll leave it. 

Other things today, the person I sent my decorations too received them and liked them, which is great! I’m so glad. I’m debating bringing over my Christmas tree from the garage, but I’m not sure where I can put it. I don’t want to leave it in the living room really.  

Anyway, I’m tired and it is late. Tomorrow I’m going out with a friend for lunch, so I’ll likely stay out of the house too. I don’t want to be here at all.  Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: