January 20, 2019

Sunday - Snowy and cold

I got up this morning a little after F took his mother off to the onsen. I did a couple of personal things and then waited for him to come back. They got back around 12:30 I think. F asked me about lunch and I asked if he’d like to take his mother out with us. He said he would, so I asked where they’d like to go.  The next thing I knew, he was going downstairs to make his mother and himself some udon. Did I want any? Bleck. Course not. When he came back it was nearly 1:30 and I was quite upset.

Almost all of the good lunch places would be finished accepting new customers and he didn’t like the places that did. I suggested East at the Grand El Sun and he didn’t seem happy, but did drive me there. In the parking lot, I asked him if he’d eat with me and he said yes. Of course, when we got seated, he refused to eat. I asked him if we should go but he didn’t want to. I really was annoyed with him. He spent the entire time at the restaurant with his eyes on his cellphone. It was really hard to have any kind of discussion with him. I had a lovely meal and it should have been a nice lunch, but somehow wasn’t.

When we left and paid at the restaurant I got a good laugh. Our bill was for quite a bit more than I thought it would be. F’s coffee cost about the same as half of my meal!  I had a set meal with soup, bread, salad and an entree, and a hot beverage.  

We did a little shopping after lunch. I asked to go to the craft shop. I bought a pair of knitting needles for knitting in the round, and some winter socks.  

We went to S-Mall for a while and F trawled the bookstore. He didn’t buy anything. I also had a good look around but didn’t find anything. I saw a pen I liked, I might go back and get it later. He’d forgotten that we’d gone there to get a drink, so we went downstairs and had one.

On our way out of the mall, we passed the ramen shop and F came up with a great idea for dinner. He wanted to go to the new, temporary ramen shop in the mall with me. I could have one of the few non-ramen dishes they offer. Of course, the fact that I didn’t want any of those dishes didn’t make a difference to him. I said that if he went there it was fine, but I’d go downstairs to the Pizza Hut Express and get some pasta for dinner. It’s nice, so why not? He didn’t like that idea much. I had already reminded him that I wanted to go to the curry place as they were selling their Grandmother Curry again. They have a spoon giveaway too, and their spoons are really nice. 

We bought a few groceries including some stuff for F and brought them back to the house. I wasn’t feeling too well, my nose was running and with the tension from earlier just thought I’d rather go to bed than face more arguing.  

F came upstairs and asked if I was ready to go to the curry place, so I said I’d go, and asked what he wanted to do afterwards. He had no plans so I suggested the internet cafe. He liked that idea so off we went.

Dinner was good. The curry was great, and not terribly expensive. We had free drinks and didn’t have toppings, so the bill wasn’t too bad.

We drove over to the Internet Cafe and had a nice, quiet time in our favourite massaging chairs. I tried casting on with my new needles, but I think I’m going to have to rethink my plans as I don’t have enough yarn to do what I had wanted. Darn!

We came back to the house when our time was up. I did up the garbage for tomorrow, watched Elementary and enjoyed it, and also took a shower. F took one even later than I did and he went to the onsen today so I was surprised. 

Come back later and see what I get up to on Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: