March 16, 2019

Saturday - Muggy, but also sunny and warmish

We both slept in a bit this morning, I finally got up before 11, F got up a few minutes later.  He went downstairs to make brunch for his mother, I computer surfed.

F was very sweet this morning, he brought up a couple of pieces of toast for us. Unfortunately, he’d spread them with my Mango Chutney, rather than my Pineapple and Mango JAM.  Silly husband.  It tasted pretty good anyway, but I did laugh at him for doing it. He doesn’t understand that Chutney is eaten as a pickle…

We went out for lunch to Sukaze. I’ve been trying to get him to go there for a while. I like the place much more than he does, not sure why he doesn’t like it. We both had the same dish today, fish in a white sauce. It came with gorgeous soup, a lovely salad and bread or rice and coffee and a mini-dessert.  It was great! 

After lunch, we went to the Chido Museum to see the Hina Matsuri displays. There were some lovely doll sets. We also saw some art that was created by the family who owns the Museum…they were the local “Lairds” of the area. Of course, we stopped by to see the garden. I’ve recently found out that the Garden has two Michelin Stars. At least I think it does!


A sleepy duck

From the museum, we headed over to the sushi delivery place to make an order. F has another overnight party next week so we ordered in some nice bentos for K and I. We don’t have to pay for them until they arrive, but they look good. K and I had them before and I really enjoyed the food.

Then, we went to Foodever’s coffee shop area and had coffee or iced tea and a pastry. We sat for a while and played with our phones. We had a really nice pastry, it was “Framboise with rose”. It was cheaper than some of their cakes. They look amazing though.

Around 6 I made F shake a leg. We were planning to go to a 7:50 pm movie and still had to get dinner for us and K and then get to the cinema. I suggested bentos since we had had an expensive lunch today. F liked that idea, so off we went. 

We picked up three bentos, two with tempura for F and I, and one with chirashi sushi for K. I suggested some gyoza too since everyone likes them. We went back to the house and F got things on the table quickly. I helped a little, but he did most of the work today. Dinner was nice. F was watching some fishing show, so I did the dishes when I finished and then came upstairs to register the postcard I received today from Bulgaria. 

We sneaked out of the house and got to the cinema just in time. We bought our tickets and then some drinks and popcorn and went to see Captain Marvel. I really liked it. I wasn’t sure what I’d think of it, but I enjoyed it a lot. It was lovely to see Phil Coulson (one of my favourite Agent of Shield characters), even though I prefer the slightly older and more weathered version on the TV show, and seeing a younger Samuel L. Jackson was cute too. It was fun, I had a good time, I laughed a lot and liked the more feminine take on the superhero genre. I still liked Wonder Woman more, but I really enjoyed this.

After the movie, we drove back to the house via the long way. F took a detour saying he wanted some ramen. I told him I’d come and watch him eat, but he didn’t stop anywhere. When we got to the house I started up my waterpot and he was trying to get water before it was ready, for his instant ramen. 

Then, he went to bed!

I’m still up. I’m in a bit of pain these days as my sciatica has come back. It’s switched sides this time, but getting up and the first few steps are really painful. I’m trying to move more and get up more often, but it’s hard to remember. I may have to set my alarms to remind me to move more. 

And that was it for my day. It went rather well and I enjoyed it. I really hope that Sunday is good too. Fingers crossed. Come back later if you will and see what happens. Until tomorrow….


3 comments:

Rosa said...

Ugh! Sciatic nerve pain sucks! There's a good video about helping to reduce sciatica pain on youtube from a channel called "physical therapy video" (Bob and Brad are the two PTs) that really helped me. The exercises are very easy, too, more like gentle stretches than physical exertion.

Helen said...

Thank you! I just watched one of their videos and it was great. I will give some of their techniques a try. I like their style too.

Nice to hear from you again...I've been meaning to visit comment on your blog but haven't had the energy.


Rosa said...

I hear you. Spring allergies are kicking my butt and sapping all my energy these days! I'm always checking in with your blog though. :)