March 18, 2019

Monday - Sunny and warmish

I got up this morning under a bit of protest! I really didn’t want to get up at all. I finally did, then did my usual things of watching the news and ER. I even had some decaf coffee before breakfast for a change. 

I got three Postcrossing cards in the mail today, all from Germany. One woman sent me a card with a picture of her grandson on it eating spaghetti. Apparently, she’d read on my profile that I wanted cards with food on them, but not the bit where I asked for no children. Sigh.

After my morning drama finished, I went downstairs and worked on my soup. I got a lot done and soon it was bubbling away in my slow cooker. Today I just made a straight vegetable soup, no meat at all. 

I had a quiet afternoon. I was late doing things as I had been in the kitchen making soup. 

F had some baddish news today. He’s going to be transferred to another office in the area. He’s worked there before and it was horrible for him, so he’s not a happy camper. I’m really sad for him. 

I had a bit of a late start to dinner tonight. I went downstairs around 6:00 pm and started peeling potatoes for dinner. I also prepared the chicken for dinner too. F came back in the middle of the prep and spent time with his mother. I finally got things done. We had tandoori chicken from the toaster oven, anchovy potatoes and vegetable soup. It went over fairly well. F wanted rice or noodles, but I sort of explained to him that we rarely have potatoes and rice together.  F and I had two bowls of soup and we all seemed to agree that it was good. I should be able to have some for lunch tomorrow too. Yay. I’ll probably share with K if she’ll have it. 

I washed the dishes and was going to dry them too when F came in. I got him to dry the dishes and put away his dishes from the weekend. Hurray for that.  He wanted to go out, I wanted to go to the Internet Cafe for a massaging chair. He also wanted to go to the onsen so we did a bit of both. We went to the onsen and he took a bath, then we went to the Internet Cafe for a couple of hours. We left early tonight as F has to work tomorrow. 

We came back to the house and I did up the plastic garbage for tomorrow. F nicely filled up the kerosene in the heater for me as I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to lift it tomorrow. My hip and sometimes back have been quite bad today. I tried taking a Tylenol in the evening which helped, but when it wore off the pain seemed even worse.

We had a quiet evening in. I watched So You Think You Can Dance and enjoyed it, F was on his phone again. 


That’s about it for me. I probably will do some laundry tomorrow and I’ll see what else I can get up to. Come back later and I’ll tell you all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: