September 25, 2017

Monday - Sunny and Warm

A good day.

I had a great weekend with my BFF.  She and I have known each other since we were 15 and spent the weekend shopping, eating, swimming and going to see The Princess Bride.  It was amazing to see it on the big screen again! It was hard to come back to reality today, so I didn't!

I slept in today at my sister's house.  I think that means I'm getting over my jetlag. Yay for that.  I dragged myself out of bed around 9:45 and went upstairs.  I had breakfast and a little later did about 30 minutes on her treadmill.  

We did some grocery shopping at the local shop and then came back to her house and had lunch.  I had a brand new bagel...yum yum yum.  Soon after that, she left to pick up her son.  

She planned to take him into the city tonight to get him some new clothes.  He needed new dress shirts, shoes and jeans.  He's only twelve years old, but is big and tall for his age.  I didn't find anything for myself in the Menswear store, but I got myself a pair of runners in the shoe store and found quite a few great things in Mark's Work Wearhouse.  I got a pair of pants, a set of pyjamas and a couple of pairs of socks too.  Yay me.  

We came back to Beaumont and Van made dinner.  It was quite nice...we had ancient grains pasta with Alfredo sauce and some veggies in the mix.  We watched the Star Trek episode that we weren't able to record all of last night and then the next one too.  This is the new Star Trek, Discovery.  It has potential I think.  

Somehow the regular cable is out tonight. I checked the website, and they are working on it, but don't know when it'll be fixed.  My nephew's school also has a problem!  Today when they were working on the water pipes, one broke.  They don't know if they will be able to fix them overnight or not.  If they aren't able to fix it, the school will cancel classes tomorrow.  My nephew is quite hopeful of that!  We won't know until 6:30 am however.  

Since I can't watch my regular crazy TV, I'm going to put on the first episode of Game of Thrones and see how it is.  I've heard so much about it that I really want to check it out.  

Come back later if you like and hear all about my news from the day.  Until tomorrow....

No comments: