December 26, 2017

Tuesday - Cold, windy, snowy, yucky

A good day.

I barely managed to drag myself out of bed this morning. It was so cold in the room and the wind was really loud.  Still, I did and watched the British news.  The US news wasn’t on for a change.

After my dose of LL Cool J and the NCIS crew, I went down for breakfast.  K wasn’t there at all, so I grabbed my breakfast and came back upstairs.  I had a good but quiet catching up with computer stuff morning.  

In the afternoon, F made a brief appearance in the house.  It was nice to see him. He said his mother was up, but by the time I went downstairs for lunch a bit later, she had disappeared again.  I put together a few leftovers on plates for both of us.  I went upstairs with mine, I put hers in the fridge for later.  

I came down a bit later and showed her the plate. She said she was full, so I didn’t push it. I just said I’d leave it in the fridge.  

Around 3 I went outside and did some snow shovelling.  F bought a new snow scoop for me.  I was complaining that the metal shovel he had was heavy and too darn short.  I’m not very tall, granted, but I don’t like having to stoop over every time I shovel a little snow   The scoop worked really well, except the wind kept catching it and trying to take it from me.

I went in and watched more news. F called around 5:30 and wondered about dinner. I suggested he come here and we’d talk about it.  He did.

I said that there wasn’t a whole lot of food left from last night, but there was some.  We could probably have leftovers if he wanted.  He did.  We invited K to join us, but she wasn’t too hungry.  F did himself a couple of packets of rice and we made some instant miso soup to pad out the meal.  We finished a lot of the food, especially the stuff that needed to be eaten soon, so that was good.  

F finally got to have his Japanese Chocolate Christmas Cake and it was very nice.  It wasn’t Christmas Cake in my opinion though!  

After dinner, F and I did the dishes and generally tidied up.  K went to bed.

F and I drove out to the Yupoka Onsen in Haguro again.  It’s quite nice there.  We each took baths. F told me the Rotenburo (outdoor bath) would be nice in the snow, but honestly, it wasn’t that warm!  I had to go and sit by the water outlet, but it was still too cool.  The indoor bath was nice and quite hot.  

After the onsen, we went to MaxValu to pick up a few things for my lunch.  That turned into a trip to pick up stuff for dinner, so that was good.  We’re going to have chicken, tofu and gobo salad.  Should be okay for all of us I think.  F picked up a whole lot of junk food and we got some drinks too.  We came back to the house and came upstairs.  

And that’s when it gets boring again.  We just had a quiet little night in.  The wind is wuthering around the house and it is quite cold out. It isn’t as cold as my hometown, but it is cold!  The weather in Japan this week has been quite horrible.  Lots of weather advisories and trains and planes being cancelled.  I hope it doesn’t last forever.  


Come back tomorrow night if you want to and see how my day goes.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: