December 27, 2017

Wednesday - Snowy, cold and windy

A good day.

I woke up in the middle of the night and it was cold.  Brr. I went back to sleep, but when I woke up this morning I really didn’t want to get up.  I had to drag myself out of bed. Then, I discovered that the kerosene tank in our room was empty.  Grr!

I had a fairly standard morning today except that I did a couple of loads of laundry.  I wanted to start the holidays with a lot of choices about clothes! I didn’t see K at all this morning.  

In the afternoon I went down and put my lunch together.  I came back upstairs and relaxed.  I ate and ended up watching Fantastic Beasts again.  I think I enjoyed it more this time than the first time I saw it.

When it finished, I took my lunch dishes and some of F’s dishes downstairs and washed them.  I brought back the clean dishes. Then I got dressed for outside.  I went out and shovelled the snow in the area around the house.  I cleared the steps and the driveway where F parks.  I worked quite hard and K surprised me a bit by coming out and talking to me. I wasn’t looking at her, so when I heard her voice I jumped about 5 feet! 

I finished up and then went inside. It was still snowing so a lot of my work got covered.  

F came back to the house around 6 pm. He was quite tired from work. We talked about what to do this evening. He said that he wanted to go to the onsen, but I didn’t.  His mother did want to go, so I suggested that they both go after dinner.  

I got dinner on the table fairly quickly. We had bought some food last night at the grocery store so I put it out.  We had some chicken, some tofu and some gobo salad.  I also put out some cheese, cream cheese and some crackers for me. We had a very nice meal and even though K said she was full and didn’t want to eat, she did!  LOL.  I’m getting used to her saying that, so I had a plate for her, and her chopsticks too! 

I told F & K to go off to the onsen and I would do the dishes.  Finally, they left, and I did wash the dishes and then I did up the garbage too.  It’s the last garbage of the year so it should get out of the house I think.  

After an hour or a bit more, they came back.  F hadn’t had a great time, he said he nearly got into a fight with a guy who was giving one of the cleaning ladies a hard time.  

I asked that we go out for a bit.  I hadn’t had any wifi since Sunday so I needed a bit.  I also get quite housebound, especially in this horrid weather. I suggested going to McDonald near our usual grocery store.  F was okay with that.  We went to a Drugstore for a bit and then to McDonald.  We each had a dessert and a drink…we almost closed out the joint!  

We got a few groceries for the house and then drove back.  It was so cold in our rooms afterwards.  Brr. It had gone down 9 degrees in a bit over an hour…maybe more.

We had a quiet evening really.  Tomorrow, F finishes up his work for the year.  We don’t have a lot of plans for our New Year, at least I don’t know about them if there are plans.  It makes me a bit sad in a way.  We do have plans to see my friend in the next city and hopefully will go to Yamagata and Costco during the days off.  


Come back sometime soon and find out what I get up to. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: