June 20, 2018

Wednesday - Rainy and drizzly and cloudy

A good day [for me].

I don’t know if I should even mention what is happening in America right now.  I’m not publicly political at all, I don’t even like children all that much, but it is shocking.  My mother was an immigrant to Canada and I’m basically an immigrant to Japan. Both of us were lucky enough to come to our adoptive countries by choice and with correct visas and such. The only reason I can think that this is happening is as a distraction.  Has anyone talked about Russia lately?

On with my day…I got up and watched the news.  I had a very early breakfast, I watched my show, I got a couple of postcards in the mail and registered them, and then I got ready to meet my friend.  

She picked me up a few minutes after our chosen time and then we drove off to Pisolino, the Italian buffet restaurant.  We checked out the menu.  She was going to order one of the specials and then changed her mind, I ordered it instead.  It turned out to be a good thing that she changed her mind as it had something in it that she couldn’t eat! It was a lemony cold pasta with clams.  I got three clams…I’m not a fan so three was enough.  We ate quite a bit today, but I don’t think I went too crazy or anything.  We had some great chats and a good time.  All too soon, she had to go, so she dropped me off at S-Mall and was on her way.

I walked around S-Mall and checked out the shops. I decided to walk to the post office and buy some stamps.  My local post office doesn’t have many nice ones, and the main post office hides them away! I got my stamps and then I decided to go to Foodever for a drink.  At Foodever I had a drink, used their wifi for a bit and relaxed.  They have comfortable couches and it wasn’t busy so I could just sit and not feel in the way.  

Around 4 I walked back to S-Mall, did a bit of shopping and just after 5 went to Doutor for an iced tea.  I thought F would probably be late as usual this week and I could relax and do some crochet.  I checked my phone when I sat down and he’d already called.  Oh dear!  I phoned back and told him where I was and invited him to join me. 

He came a few minutes later and he had a drink with me.  

After a while, we went to buy something for dinner.  We went to our old grocery store and F picked up some fish for us. I got stuff for my lunches for the next couple of days.  

We came back to the house and F cooked some of the fish and with the other type of fish made sashimi.  I told him that I was still very full from lunch so wouldn’t be able to eat more than half of a rice packet. He seemed to be okay with that. I contributed a set table, K’s homemade mugicha and made the miso soup for us.  Dinner was quite good.  I did only have half of the rice F gave me, he ate the rest.  His mother also gave him half of her rice!  He seems to think we need as much food as he does.  Not always!  Dinner was quite nice. I made a deal with F that I would wash the dishes if he cleaned the fish grill. He seemed okay with that, so we both followed through on it.  

It was around 8 pm when we finished. We had talked about going for a walk, but when F asked me, I had just started a crochet square and was tired.  I begged off.  Then I thought about it and realized that I was nearly at my step goal on my phone app and we didn’t have to do a full-on workout.  I suggested walking around the block or walking to a local convenience store, but not the usual one.  That’s the option that F picked.  

We went out in the drizzle and walked to the nearest Family Mart.  We didn’t buy too much, but it was a good thing to get out of the house for me.  When we came back, I was surprised to find out that we’d walked more than a mile!

I watched a little TV tonight, did a bit more crochet and relaxed. I’ve been spending too much time on Facebook, reading articles about the crisis in the US and wondering how on earth this kind of thing could happen…and what kind of people think this is a good thing.  


And that’s it for me.  Tomorrow I hope to get a bit more crochet done, maybe some laundry and a few other things that must be done.  Came back later and see how much I get done.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: