June 19, 2018

Tuesday - Hot and Sunny

A good day.

It was nice to wake up in a room that was much darker than before.  I hadn’t closed the doors to my computer area before bed, so it wasn’t completely dark, but it was almost dark in our bedroom.  

I watched the news, and then The Blacklist.  Love that show. I’ve only seen the first season or so but really love James Spader.  I spent quite a bit of time watching either TV or things off the DVR today.  For the first time in ages, I have completely caught up with Reign.  I’m surprised and happy with myself. I may let it run up again since I do like to binge on it, but you never know.

After lunch, I debated doing Postcrossing but didn’t.  I could have but thought I might run out of time.  I did get a card today, a movie card of Casablanca. I have had it before, but the note on the back was friendly and I appreciate it even if I had it before.

When F came back to the house tonight he was a tad grumpy but I asked if I could give him a hug and he let me.  It was nice.  He had a bit of a nap, but his uncle came over to visit, so F had to go and talk to him for a while.  

After he left, F asked if I’d like to go to the grocery store to get food for dinner.  I was fine with that, so we went.  F picked up some katsuo sushi and I picked up a couple of things for my breakfasts.  I asked him what else he wanted and he said he didn’t know.  I suggested looking at the bento and he was trying to get me to buy one with a lot of meat in it.  However, I saw some spicy tofu donburi and I suggested getting them. There happened to be three donburi of mabo-dofu and they were all half price.  We got those and brought them back to the house.  We had the mabo-dofu, the katsuo sushi and some green beans that F’s uncle brought over.  It was a nice meal.  It was made nicer by the fact that I got to have some say in it!  

Earlier I had asked F if he wanted to do something tonight, but he said no because he didn’t have any money.  While we were doing the dishes I suggested going for a walk after we finished digesting, and he said okay.

We left for the park just before 9 and walked for around 40 minutes.  I think he didn’t use his headphones either, so that was nice.  We chit-chatted a bit and I enjoyed it. I hope F did too!

We came back to the house and relaxed a bit.  I took a shower and then settled in to watch Suits.  I did a bit more crochet tonight and got one big square almost done. I did complete a square earlier today, so that was good! I also finished one ball of yarn.  I might have to get more of this colour, I’m not sure.  I hope not, but you never know. I’m trying to get as much of the big squares done so I can buy more yarn if I need to.  And I hope I don’t need to!

So, things are looking up.  I hate fighting with my husband, but I’m not about to roll over and let him boss me around. The older we get, the more I can see the food thing being an issue.  I realize that he’ll probably want more of his comfort food, but I’m not afforded the same understanding.  And of course, Japanese food is so incredibly healthy.  Snort. 

Tomorrow I’m meeting up with a friend for lunch. I’ll probably spend the rest of the afternoon window shopping and relaxing.  Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: