September 16, 2018

Sunday - Cloudy and then rainy

A nice day!

We had a good day today. We visited the new posh hotel in Tsuruoka for our lunch - my old favourite Cafe Irodori has moved into Suiden Terrasse. We walked around the lobby a bit today. It’s very nice, but still a bit too new.  

We had a look around Hard Off and I bought the DVD of Sense and Sensibility.  F did the thing where he offered to buy it for me and then spent so much time trying to see if he had an app or a stamp card for the shop that I just paid for it myself. He gave me back the money a couple of minutes later.

We had coffee in Aurora and then picked up a freshly made bento for K’s dinner.  We took it back to the house and I changed my shirt to something nice. I saw that F was planning to wear a sweatshirt and asked if he could wear a shirt instead.  He obligingly changed for me. 

We went to Bistrot des Ponts where we had a lovely meal. We both chose roast duck as our main dish, but had a couple of kinds of fish, some soup and afterwards dessert too. It was a lovely meal.  
Marinated fish and salad

Kabocha soup and crusty bun. F had rice instead. Mine was better!

Salmon and mushrooms sauteed

Roasted duck with mashed potato and vegetables.

Tarte Tatin, yoghurt ice cream and coffee


Afterwards, I wasn’t sure what F wanted to do so I asked him. He suggested seeing a movie but the only things playing were things we’d already seen. He wanted to go to something again, so we went to the mall.  We had the choice of Ocean’s 8 or Mission Impossible.  F chose Ocean’s 8 and I was completely fine with that.  

As we were a bit early we walked around the mall. We tried out some space-age massaging chairs in the mall. They were 200 yen for 10 minutes and were supposed to make you feel like you were weightless.  They did recline so much that our heads were down and our legs were up. It was actually quite nice.  

We looked around the mall a little. I have to get birthday and Christmas presents sorted out soon. I saw a few things that might do, so that was good.

We went in to see the movie and had a good time. The theatre had more people in it than I thought it would for a Sunday night.  

After the movie, we came back to the house.  I took a shower and much later F did too.  We’re both still up, although it is very late…after 3:30 am. Yikes.  

Tomorrow we have a trip to Sakata to see a concert and I’m not sure what else. There is a faint chance that I’ll miss posting tomorrow night, but you never know.  


Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: