November 14, 2018

Wednesday - Rainy

A goodish day.

I got up this morning but it was cold, so I did my “stay in bed with the covers over me but watching the news thing”. It kept me warm. I got up after 9 and did a few things around the room.  

I had a fairly normal day today with some laundry, a bit of Postcrossing and a bit too much time on the computer.  Oh well.

The hot water doesn’t seem to be working either. I tried to heat up some water to do dishes and nothing but cold water came out. Yikes.  A couple of times today K tried to tell me something, but I have no idea what. She isn’t very good at explaining things. To be fair to myself, F says that he can’t understand her sometimes either!

F came back around 6 pm. He’d called earlier and I had asked him to bring something right away for his mother to eat. I don’t know if she’d had anything to eat this afternoon. There is food, but I’m not sure if she can make it/heat it nowadays. 

F showed up with 3 bentos, so we had dinner together by bento. It was rather nice.  We did some washing up afterwards and then F and I went to the onsen. Since the hot water in the house is out, I used the onsen, I didn’t really have a choice. It was fine today. I spent most of my time out in the rotenburo. Nobody was in it with me for about 10 or 15 minutes so it was nice. 

After the onsen, F wanted to go for coffee, so we went to Komeda Coffee. I like the place, but think it is a little expensive for what it is. I tried to talk to him a couple of times, but he didn’t hear me as he was wearing an earphone and listening to a radio drama. Sigh. It’s really starting to get to me, that. Yesterday when I had lunch with my friend the two of us hardly stopped talking, but my own husband can’t be bothered to listen to me. Sure, I check my phone, and I’ve even been known to play a game, but to listen to radio dramas when someone is with you seems more than a little rude to me. 

We got a few groceries for the house and then came back. I did my lovely burnable garbage thing and then came upstairs.  I got F to fill up the kerosene heater for me and have used it to stay warm for the rest of the evening. And yes, I did put on a sweater first.

That’s about it for me. I’m going to do pulled pork in my slow cooker tomorrow for dinner, and maybe a little more laundry. I’m not sure. I’d like to do another couple of Postcrossing cards too or get a start on my Christmas shopping.  

Come back later if you have the inclination and see what I get up to on Thursday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: