October 8, 2017

Sunday - Cooler...didn't go out!

A good day.

Last night I got a nasty headache and it has continued through today. I did take a bit of medicine today so that I had some time without it, but it came back later on tonight.  Again I've taken some medicine but it isn't working as well as I would like.  Sigh.

Anyway, I was in bed last night watching TV when I fell asleep!  I woke up an hour or so later and turned off the TV and went to bed.  In the morning I woke up when I heard people upstairs getting ready to leave.  I slept on and got up around 9.

I went upstairs, said hello to my niece who was working on her homework and made my breakfast.  I had some coffee and then took the medicine I mentioned and went back downstairs again.  Downstairs, I got dressed and then started to pack.  I needed to see how much I could get in my suitcase.  I have one suitcase full and I have my smaller case with a few things in it. I hope it'll be enough space!

My sister, brother in law, and nephew came back later after the hockey game.  My nephew's team won again, this time it wasn't close at all.  We had some lunch and then I sat on the couch with my nephew and played a game on my iPhone.  We did really quite well and were having a lot of fun with it and each other.  We were ribbing each other quite a lot.

My brother in law and my sister were working on dinner and soon the house was full of delicious smells.

We had our big Thanksgiving meal around 5 pm and it was lovely.  We had turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy and Brussels sprouts.  Everything was good, the stuffing was a tad dry, but since it's been a while since I had any I didn't care.  After dinner, I gave my sister a bit of a hand to clean up, but there wasn't a lot to do.

As a family we debated what to do this evening and we decided to watch a dvd.  However, my sister had to go out and buy it first!  We ended up watching Wonder Woman.  I think we had all seen it before, but it was really enjoyable this time too and I loved watching it.  It was also fun watching with comments from the crowd!

After the movie, we all went our separate ways.  I took some medicine for my headache, hopefully it'll start working again soon.

I'm not sure what we'll be up to tomorrow.  My niece has to head back to her college and I think my sister will do some shopping at the store to help her out.  I can't really do more packing until Tuesday.  I have to do more laundry soon to make sure that things will dry before I leave.  I leave on Wednesday. It is coming up soon...too soon.  And yet, I miss my husband so maybe not soon enough!

Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow....

No comments: