April 27, 2020

Monday - Cool but sunny

I had an okay day today. I’m going a bit stir crazy in a lot of ways, I really should spend a bit of time out of the house tomorrow. I could go for a walk or something.

Anyhoo…I got up this morning then watched the news from the bed. I stayed awake through the BBC news, but fell asleep after that! I snoozed a bit late too. I went downstairs to grab my breakfast. I decided to make porridge this morning, in the microwave. Well, it started well, but when I took it out at the end, it had boiled over. Oh no!  I cleaned it up and then took it upstairs to eat. It tasted good.

I had a fairly quiet day today. I wrote another entry in my column, I think I improved it, so that was good. Tomorrow I’ll do a final read-through and then send it into the editor for her part to begin.

In the early evening, I did my dishes and then washed the baby leaf lettuce. I let it drain for later.  It was rather nice for me not to have to prepare dinner.  F called a little while later and asked if he should bring anything from the store. I reminded him that he was cooking dinner tonight, but did tell him that he should probably get a daikon as he was planning to use it for something. When he did come back to the house a bit later he went right into the kitchen and started to cook. I’ve rather strongly suggested that he not do that, that he come upstairs and get changed right away, but he knows better of course.

Tonight he grilled some fish, which he served with tofu, rice, miso soup with pea pods in it and my salad greens.  The salad was awesome. I didn’t marry my husband for his cooking ability. The fish was fine really, but it was small. The rice was blah, the tofu had no taste and the miso soup was watery and I didn’t want it anyway. I kept thinking the pea pods would have been nicer in a stirfry. He tried, he really did, but he made such a mess of the kitchen. 

When I finished I grabbed my dishes and went into the kitchen. I cleaned the top of the stove first. It was terrible. He’d overflowed at least two pots and it had already dried on the stove. I washed my dishes and after a minute, F brought in more. I washed them. As usual, F had done a runner so I dried the dishes too. F came back after I had finished so I suggested that he clean the fish grill and any other pots and I left the room. I did most of the clean up for him, I don’t think he had it too badly.

He came upstairs a bit later. He’s having a hard time with his back these days and today was no exception.  

I went downstairs later to deal with the plastic garbage and get it ready for going out. Next week is a holiday so there won’t be pick up so better to get what we have out now.  I later took a shower too, then came back and watched the 90210 reboot. 

And that was my day. I find myself getting frustrated for no reason these days, I think that everyone is a bit like that though. 

Come back later if you are up for a challenge and find out about my Tuesday. Until tomorrow…

No comments: