December 4, 2020

Friday - Rainy and cold


Today was okay. I didn’t wake up until my alarm went off. I was surprised that it did, but got up and went downstairs. When I came back I got half-dressed and went back to the bed to watch the news. I fell asleep somewhere after the English news finished and woke up a bit later. 


I got up, did a load of laundry and grabbed my breakfast. I came back upstairs and ate. After that, I worked on my angels again. I didn’t quite finish them, but I sewed on the wings and darned the ends in. I watched a few YouTube videos while I did that.


In the afternoon I was minding my own business when I heard banging. I thought it was the house being built across the street so I ignored it. It continued. Then I heard the doorbell. I went downstairs and there was F’s aunt and uncle. They brought us even more food today! Today it was daikon. To be honest, I don’t really know what to do with daikon. I almost never cook it. I haven’t in years! I told F’s aunt that if they ring the bell, I can hear it upstairs, but I can’t always hear banging on the door. I also had to wake up K. She’d been up earlier, but had gone back to bed. I left them all to talk.


I had my lunch and watched the rest of Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. It’s such a 90’s movie. It’s so silly, but easy to watch. It brought back good memories of the second time I went to see it with a good friend who just went crazy for it. 


F popped in tonight and said hi. He was driving in the area.  He had to leave quite soon though.


I watched the news and then F called to say he was on his way back to the house. I went downstairs and got busy in the cold kitchen.


Tonight I made pasta with mushrooms, bacon and spinach. It wasn’t bad, but I had to wash the spinach and that took a bit of time. We just had a simple dinner tonight, the pasta and some salad. I called F in lots of time, but he was late to the table. K and I started without him.


I got to do the dishes tonight, although I think that F might have offered to help me with them. I washed and dried and listened to a podcast done by a guy I knew from high school. It was only his second one, but it was interesting. I did lose the plot towards the end though.


I came upstairs when I was done. I said good night to K and she was in bed before I went upstairs. On the second floor, F was in bed wearing his coat and hadn’t turned on the heater. I don’t know why.


I relaxed for a bit and then took a shower. It was cold downstairs. Brr. When I came back upstairs I  watched a bit of TV and I enjoyed it. 


It’s now almost 4 am and F is still up too. He’s still in his jacket even though it isn’t that cold now. 


I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I’m hoping that we’ll go and see a movie, since there is finally a movie playing in English. Woot! Don’t worry, we’ll wear masks and social distance.


So that’s it for me. It was an okay day, but it is definitely getting colder. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: