December 3, 2020

Thursday - Rainy and cool


I woke up a bit late this morning. It was strange because I went to bed a little earlier last night. I went downstairs and then came back upstairs, watched the news, had a short nap and then got up and grabbed my breakfast. I opened up my computer and joined a few other Tohoku ladies in an online meetup. We spent a couple of hours chatting and it was fun.


After the meeting was finished I worked a little on my angels and then felt I was too sleepy. Around 2 I had to take a nap. I got into bed, set ten minutes on my timer and snoozed. After ten minutes, I reset the timer for another ten minutes. As it was going off, I heard the doorbell go. I ran downstairs and there was F’s aunt bearing a huge box of spinach. She brought 6 bunches and explained that half were for us and half were for F’s sister. I told her I understood and took them in the house. I went back in and put the spinach in the kitchen.


I grabbed myself some lunch and went back upstairs. I put on an old movie for a few minutes, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. I am there for Alan Rickman baby! It’s funny, I still remember all of his good lines! (I miss Alan Rickman. Always.)


I watched the news and sooner than I thought, F called to say he was on his way. I went downstairs and got dinner underway. 


I hadn’t planned to cook any of the spinach tonight, but then I decided to look up on the internet to see if I could cook it in the microwave. Martha Stewart to the rescue! She had an easy recipe, so I washed a lot of the spinach, squished it into a microwave safe bowl and nuked it.  It came out perfectly! Because of our not too powerful microwave I had to give it extra time, but it was was and really good. So, tonight’s dinner was baked chicken, ravioli with pesto sauce, salad and spinach. It was really good and most of it disappeared. The ravioli was a big hit, I’m definitely getting that again. 


After dinner, F and K went off to the onsen and I got to stay here and do the dishes. It wasn’t that bad today because I hadn’t used a lot of pans and things weren’t too dirty. I listened to some podcasts and then went upstairs.  


When F and K came back to the house it was almost 10 pm. F and I still had to go to the grocery store. I had changed while they were gone so I could just leave. 


We were going to leave the bedroom so I turned on the hallway light over the stairs and…there was a pop! The lightbulb had burned out. F didn’t have a spare, so that was one thing to put on our list.


We got to the store, did a little shopping and then came back to the house. F fixed the light and we put away the stuff. We came upstairs…well, F was already up here.  We had a quiet evening. I watched some YouTube and F probably did too. 


And that’s about it for tonight. I hope to finish watching the movie, putting together more of my little angels and doing dinner. Come back later if you want to and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: