April 2, 2021

Friday -Sunny but cool


I went to bed a little late, even for me and so I had a lot of problems getting up this morning. I heard F go to work, but was able to fall back asleep. 


I tried to watch the news, and did watch some of it, but fell asleep soon afterwards. I didn’t get up for quite a while. However, I finally did!


I went downstairs and grabbed breakfast and came upstairs and ate. 


Today was a quiet day. I watched an episode of The Walking Dead and then had to follow it up by SongLand because I needed something much happier to watch. I’ve spent a bit of time today trying to decide if I want to keep watching The Walking Dead or not. I’m getting a lot of episodes on the DVR and I have to force myself to watch them now. It’s so depressing. The last two episodes I’ve watched have had characters that I liked die….A pandemic may not be the best time to watch this kind of show! 


Around 4 pm I started scanning my postcards that I was sending for Postcrossing. I also scanned a few older cards that I hadn’t done yet. I really need to update my Postcrossing blog. I haven’t done it in ages. 


I went downstairs after F called me to say he was on his way. Today I made Gapao rice from a roux mixture. It was a bit like a curry mix, but a little less work…or a little more?  I had to chop 4 onions into very small pieces. By the end, my eyes were tearing up. Poor me!


Dinner was a little late, but I think it was worth it. I got it on the table and even was able to get F to come downstairs on time. We had a good meal and everyone seemed to like it. I often make Gapao Rice with ground chicken, but tonight it was ground pork. It was a nice amount of spicy too. 


Of course, I got to do all the clean-up after dinner. Oh well. I listened to the news and then put on Pride and Prejudice. I almost finished it tonight. I enjoyed it so much! I have a little bit left, I’ll probably wait until next week though. 


F didn’t want to go out tonight of course, so he went to bed and I watched YouTube. I’m sure that he did too!


Not really sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. F might go to the doctor or we might go and look for some places that he needs to locate for work. It’ll be interesting to find out! 


Come back later if you want and find out what we get up to on Saturday. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: