October 23, 2021

Saturday - Rainy and cloudy all-day


I slept in this morning but did get up around 10. It was nice to stay in bed that late. 


F came upstairs around that time, and he went back to bed!  I talked to him for a while and then realized that if we wanted to go and see a movie, we’d have to get moving right away. 


F got up and we went out for lunch. We went to Arpeggio and we both had the same thing, soboro. It was nice. We also found out that it wasn’t chicken like I thought it was, it was pork! It was still good. 


We drove towards the mall and in Tsuruoka there were people outside everywhere. I asked F if something was going on. It turned out that the Jeitei (Japan’s Self Defence Force) was doing a flyover Tsuruoka today. I heard them yesterday, but I didn’t know what was going on.  On the road to the mall, there were tons of cars and people watching the skies. It was a little hard to drive to the mall!  While F drove, I tried to take photos. 


The airplanes are in formation in the center of the picture.


Follow the trails to see some of the planes.


We got to the mall just before the movie started. We went up to the cinema right away, bought our tickets and our popcorn. We went into the theatre and for the next 3 hours were transported to another world. We saw Dune. I really liked it, but I’m not sure if F liked it as much. He had to leave just before the movie ended and didn’t come back before the credits finished. Oh, dear. His stomach problem happened again. 


We went to Doutor and had a drink after the movie and then we went to the grocery store. We were looking for a nice bento for K, but didn’t find one. We picked up a few things, but not a bento. I had asked that we go over to the Daiso near the mall, which we did. I bought a few new things, mostly for gifts. 


We drove back to Tsuruoka and headed over to the bento shop. F picked up the bento and we drove it back to the house. We came into the house and gave K her bento. I took my shopping stuff upstairs. 


After a few minutes, F and I went out for dinner. I suggested that we go to a fish restaurant and F liked the idea. We went and both had nice meals. I had a salmon and negitoro donburi, F had a maguro and negitoro one. They came with soup and we got an order of deep-fried tofu to go with it. Dinner was good.


When we finished we went into the drugstore nearby for some purified water. Of course, we ended up leaving with a lot of other stuff! I got some cereal and some caffeine-free drink too. 


We came back to the house. K got up and talked to F. Apparently there is a ceremony for her mother’s death tomorrow. Poor F has to get up early tomorrow and drive K out to her brother’s house. Or somewhere. 


He went to bed fairly early, but I’m still up. I had planned to go to bed earlier, but didn’t!  I need to sleep now though. Come back later if you want to hear all about my Sunday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: