October 24, 2021

Sunday - Sunny and warm with some rain at night


I woke up at 10 am this morning when my alarm went off. I got up and took care of some personal stuff. I was just dressed for around the house.


When I finished, I made myself a cup of tea and relaxed. F called me around 11 to say they were on the way back. They were back around 11:30 or so.


He came back and relaxed. He told me that he had eaten quite a bit while he was away and didn’t need to eat. That meant I could pick where to go for lunch. Woot. I suggested a couple of places and pointed out that he could have a cup of coffee or something if he wanted. We ended up going to Kissa Marina.  


The restaurant was quite busy and we got the last table. Happily, no one came in after us for a while so I didn’t feel too bad about having a big table for only one person eating.  I ordered curry pasta. Yup, curry that they served on pasta. It came with a small salad, soup and a drink. I loved it. The curry was spicy but not too spicy, and it was nice and meaty too. The meat was really nice and tender as well. 


F had his coffee and I asked him what he’d like to do in the afternoon. He suggested driving to the beach. It was a lovely warm day and I thought that sounded great. I asked if we could drop by the house first and I’d pick up my sandals and a towel. 


We drove back to the house, I used the washroom and when I came out F said that he was thinking of driving to Mt. Gassan instead of the beach. I asked if Mt. Gassan was still open and F said it was. I was a bit disappointed because I wasn’t sure if we’d get many more warm days where I actually could put my feet in the ocean, but decided to go along with the mountain idea.


We got in the car and gassed the car. Then, we headed for the mountain. The drive was lovely. We did stop for a minute to get drinks and use washrooms but got on the road. It was very quiet. The GPS in the car had red marked roads and there were gates marked off with big crosses on them. F kept saying it was fine and no problem. Well, of course, we got to the point where the road was blocked and we had to turn around. I didn’t gloat too much.


The mountain drive was nice, but the road was so twisty and F was driving quite fast. I had a bit of travel sickness I think. 

A cool monument we found at the Gassan Visitor Centre.

We came back to the house after this. I was a bit glad about that.


F gave his mother one of the bentos they got from the morning ceremony. A little later he came upstairs and we relaxed for a while. Around 7 pm we shared the other bento box. F set up my table that I used for my online lessons and put the bento on it. To be honest, I was dreading having some of the bento, but it was rather nice. We shared a few things and then took parts that we liked and the other person didn’t. 


After we ate, we went out to buy groceries for the next couple of days. I am going to do chicken for tomorrow night and then have retort curry on Tuesday night. I have some packets of curry that will expire soon. We should use them up soon.


I had hoped to go to the hundred yen shop near the grocery store, but it closed 15 minutes before we got there. Sigh.


We came back to the house after we bought the groceries. We just relaxed. I watched some YouTube and some Apple TV. That was fun.


And that basically was my day. It was okay. It would’ve been nice if we had gone to the beach, but the mountain scenery was quite beautiful. 


Come back later if you like and read all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: