October 27, 2021

Wednesday - Cloudy and rainy


I did wake up a little bit early today, but F wasn’t here when I did, so I can’t blame him! I went downstairs and then came back up. I didn’t have enough time to go back to sleep before the news came on so I didn’t. Well, I may have snoozed just a little bit!


After the news, I put on the movie channel and half-watched Eagle Eye. I’ve seen it a couple of times, but I like the film. I was half snoozing/half watching the movie when I heard K calling my name. Happily, I was half-dressed so I threw something on and ran downstairs. It turned out that the garage door had come off its rail and she wanted me to fix it. It was quite hard to do as I had to simultaneously lift the door and try and hang the top part. I managed, but it took a couple of tries. 


I went back into the house and upstairs. A few minutes later I grabbed my breakfast and came upstairs to eat.


I had a quiet day. I felt behind the whole time.  I managed to look at my paperwork from yesterday and I planned one new lesson. I should really do one more for the other class.


I didn’t get around to working on my column sad to say. Sigh. I did watch a bit of the French movie that I recorded a few days ago. I looked at it from time to time. I really wish I had a way to translate the subtitles to English. I’ve seen the movie but it was more than 25 years ago, so it was hard to remember what happens. 


I had planned to cook mashed sweet potatoes for dinner but when F called he said that he wanted something harder rather than mashed potatoes. I was a bit sad as I’d printed off the recipe and was planning how to go along with it. I switched gears and decided to do baked sweet potato fries. I only used one sweet potato, but as our oven is so small, I had to do it in two batches!


We had lemon pepper chicken, an eggplant stir-fry, salad and sweet potato fries with dip. I had made dessert yesterday, some jelly that had just expired, so we had that afterwards with some ice cream. It was very nice. However, I had a ton of dishes to do tonight and as usual, no help. Still, they got done.


I went upstairs when I was finished, relaxed for a little bit, then went downstairs again to take my shower.  It was nice.


I came back upstairs and watched Grey’s Anatomy and then turned off the TV. And that’s about it for my day.


Tomorrow I should do some laundry and hopefully, I can get around to working on my column. I want to send it in before the weekend if possible.


Come back later if you like and read all about my day. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: