June 19, 2022

Sunday - Hot and Muggy, cloudy


I went to bed rather late last night, but I did wake up at a reasonable time this morning. However, I got up, went downstairs and then went back to sleep. It was great.


I got up around 11 am. F had no plans and couldn’t really make up his mind about what he wanted to do. Finally, we decided that we’d go out for lunch. I had suggested going to Naa, on the outskirts of Tsuruoka. F was grudgingly okay with that. He went downstairs and was in the car before I was ready to go. 


When I got into the car, F suggested that we try a “new” restaurant, Blackbird Market. He said we haven’t been there. I reminded him that we have, but only for coffee and dessert once. I was completely fine with going there for lunch. 


We were able to get a parking space at the restaurant and were seated soon afterwards. F had the shrimp paella and I had Thai-style green curry. Mine was very hot, but I enjoyed it. F had a slightly cheaper set so he got a green salad and I had a more expensive one so I had some appetizers and a small salad. I really enjoyed mine. We had coffee at the end too. 


After we finished at the restaurant, F said that he’d like to go to a hardware store. I was fine with that. We went and F picked up a couple of planters for some plants he got. He took them out to the car and then did a little more looking around. He found a toaster oven that was kind of interesting, but it was very cheap and very simple. I didn’t buy it. F took off for a few minutes, he needed a washroom and with his crutches couldn’t use the one in the store, so I did a bit of looking around. 


I found a bath set that I thought F might be interested in. Both F and K sit down in the bathroom to wash, but the little stool that they sit on is very low to the ground. I found one that was quite a bit taller. Right now, it is difficult for F to get up and down with his knee. When he came back I suggested it to him and he thought it was a good idea. 


We left the shop and I suggested getting a drink. F agreed and took us to Komeda’s Coffee. We both had iced decaf coffee. It was fine and nice to relax inside a place with air conditioning.


After Komeda, I made a quick run to Daiso. I got a little yarn for a project I’m planning, then a soap dispenser for the bathroom. I also picked up a cake pan that I think will fit inside my air fryer. F stayed in the car. 


We went to the grocery store next. Well, I did. F stayed in the car and I got the groceries. I far prefer that to the usual way we do things. This way, I got to decide what I wanted to make and didn’t have to second guess what would please F. There is no pleasing F most of the time. 


When we got in the car, I asked F what he wanted to do for dinner. He apparently thought I had bought food for dinner. Umm, no. That wasn’t something I even thought about. 


We came back to the house and I put the groceries away and then went upstairs. After a bit, F made dinner for his mother. He keeps making her noodles. The poor woman hasn’t eaten anything except noodles this weekend. And even on Friday night, I made pasta. Ack. 


We relaxed for a while. F didn’t really want to eat much, so I suggested keiten sushi. He could eat what he likes and as much or little as he wanted. He was grudgingly okay with that. We went to Kappa Sushi and had an okay meal. I managed to upend my soy sauce dish and splash myself and my favourite shirt. Sigh. I have to get it in the wash tomorrow I think. 


We came back to the house after our meal and chilled out for a while. I took a shower and then settled in to watch Project Runway. It was pretty good and it is so nice to see it again.


And that’s about it for my day. F is sleeping away and I should get to bed fairly soon. I am on dinner duty with K tomorrow night. F will probably be late, so I didn’t get food for him. He said he’d go out or get his own. That’s fine with me. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: