June 20, 2022

Monday - Cloudy and muggy


I got up this morning after a bit of a struggle to wake up. I was a bit late. I watched the news and then snoozed for far too long. I finally dragged myself out of bed and did a few shirts in the washing machine. I think I got the soy sauce stain out of my shirt, fingers crossed. 


I had a quiet late morning and early afternoon. A friend and I had an online chat which was lovely. I had asked her if she’d like to talk, I really felt the need to talk to another person. Lately, I’ve only talked to my husband and he doesn’t always talk to me! I start to get an odd perspective on life…his! 


We talked about all sorts of things, lots of news on her end and it was nice to have the connection with another person.


I grabbed my lunch after I finished talking to my friend and then ate upstairs. Around 3 K’s daughter came by to pick her up and take her to the doctor. I said goodbye and locked the door. 


I took care of a personal chore and then put on the kettle in the kitchen. I made a couple of pots of Lemon Pie tea to cool down to have with dinner. K got back just as I was about to go back upstairs. I opened the door and let her in. 


I watched the news which had already started, then watched my recording of it. I wasted a bit of time and then went downstairs to get a start on dinner. As always on a Monday, I was upset with the state of the kitchen. I did my dishes, put F’s stuff away and then got started with dinner. F had said that he’d be late today so I planned to have dinner with K and that F would come up with his own food.  Of course, as I was getting food on the table, F phoned to say he was finished work!  I reminded him that he was on his own for dinner! 


I had a very hard time getting K to wake up and come for dinner. I had to go into her room and make quite a bit of noise. The first time it didn’t work, the second time it did. 


We had a fairly decent meal. It was simple, just chicken nuggets, salad and shrimp pilaf, but it was nice. There were pickles and tomatoes for her too. 


F came back while we were eating, we were nearly done though. I gave him some of my Lemon Pie tea and told him he could have some of the pickles. I did offer more of the pilaf but he turned me down. 


I did the dishes from my dinner and K’s and then went upstairs. I relaxed for a while and watched some YouTube for a few minutes and looked up a recipe too. 


F came upstairs with some food and then went to bed. I watched the first episode of The Essex Serpent on Apple TV+. It was interesting and I’ll likely watch more of it. 


I’ve been blogging and watching YouTube for a while. I’m almost done. I’ll probably post this and go to bed. 


Not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow so you’ll just have to come back and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: