December 30, 2023

Saturday - Cloudy but clear, warmish


We both slept in quite late this morning. I dragged myself out of bed just before noon today and I think F was a few minutes later. 


I got dressed and waited for F to make some sort of plan to tell me what was going on downstairs or give me any sort of knowledge about the day, but he didn’t. I didn’t see him for 3 hours. I should have gone downstairs and just talked to him but I couldn’t be bothered!


Finally, F came upstairs and offered to take me out. I had thought about catching a bus and going out but never got around to it. He’d been downstairs watching TV so I’m not sure why he couldn’t come up and talk to me. 


We went out to Gusto and had an okay meal. For a change, mine wasn’t very good. I had cut steak but the texture was off. F had chicken which he didn’t like that much. We stayed there for quite a while and then we left. We were going to go to a drugstore next, but we were close to a grocery store, so went there first. We needed to get K a bento, and something for our meals too. 


We did hit up a drugstore and got a few things there, then, we came back to the house. We spent a bit of time in the house. F gave his mother her bento but I don’t think she wanted it. She’s not eating too well at the moment and we’re both a bit worried about it. 


I was at my computer watching some YouTube when F came upstairs and asked if I’d like to go to Fujishima tonight. I said sure!  I was still dressed, so I got my jackets and put them on. We went out and drove over to Fujishima. It was a nice drive. We found a good parking space and walked through Hisu Park. The lights were beautiful and it wasn’t terribly crowded. Yay. We wandered through the park and took pictures and enjoyed ourselves. It was a lovely night to be out, it wasn’t cold or windy. 


This was a pink pathway...fun!

Waiting for a Catbus with a special friend!

The area is famous for wisteria, this is a light version of it.

We drove back to Tsuruoka and on the way, F asked me if I wanted to go somewhere else. I suggested getting a hot drink somewhere. I mentioned Starbucks, McDonalds or Mos Burger. F liked the idea of Starbucks. 


We went into Starbucks and ordered. They didn’t have their latest drink anymore, a hoji-cha latte, so I ordered a chamomile tea latte and so did F. We found seats and spent a bit of time in chairs. It was nice and a relaxing time for us. 


We came back to the house and I decided to take a shower. I did that and then heated up the pizza I had bought for my dinner. I came upstairs and watched the latest episode of The Great British Sewing Bee and ate my pizza. It wasn’t bad. It was a teriyaki-tamago-chicken pizza. It didn’t have tomato sauce, which was good for me. 


And that’s about it for the rest of the day. I had some chatting with my sister which was nice. I don’t talk with her enough really. 


So, that’s it for me. It’s the second last day of the year. I’m not sure what we’re going to get up to on Sunday. I might take tomorrow off, it depends on what I get up to. Please don’t worry if I don’t update tomorrow night. I might need some sleep!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my adventures in my corner of Japan. Until next time….

No comments: