December 29, 2023

Friday - Drizzly and then cloudy but warm


I slept in this morning, which was lovely. When I woke up finally F was gone and the heater in our room was on. That was a nice touch. The room was warm and I was almost too hot in bed! I got up and got dressed, then checked out the internet on my computer. I was here for a while before F came upstairs. He’d been busy this morning. He’d gone to an onsen, the post office and had made his mother breakfast. Yay him.


We decided to go out and get me something to eat. I suggested one place, but it was closed for the holiday, so we ended up in Nikuya Shokudo. I had seen a picture of a meal I had there a few years ago on my Facebook Memory page and I thought it would be great to have another one. However, they didn’t have the same thing available, but that was okay. We did have to wait for a few minutes for a seat, but it wasn’t too busy today. 


I had chicken cheese sasami, which was basically a chicken roll, deep-fried. I liked it but it was big. F had a vegetable stir-fry and he liked his too. F was sitting next to a guy from Peru who was in the restaurant with his Japanese friend so there was a lot of English going on down there. It was a little funny being able to eavesdrop on them. We chatted a bit afterwards. I think we were the last 4 people in the restaurant!


F and I went for coffee after lunch. Well, we tried. There was no parking available so I suggested going to the hundred-yen shop first. F was okay with that. I went in and got a few things. F came in for a couple of minutes, but then went and sat in the car. 


After the time in Daiso, we were able to get into the coffee shop and it wasn’t until I nearly fell asleep that we left. We drove over to a grocery store and picked up a few groceries and a bento for K’s dinner. 


We came back to the house and relaxed for a bit. I tried to get F to leave earlier for the mall, but he didn’t see a need for that. 


We finally left “at 6:30”. That actually meant that we left at 6:45 because we had to do the washroom thing and then the finding of jackets and other things. Ack. 


We got out to Mikawa after 7 pm and bought our tickets. Then, we bought dinner. We both had bibinba, but different types tonight. Mine was really nice when it was ready, F didn’t seem to like his as much. 


We were a little late going back to the cinema. I got in line for the popcorn and drinks, and F went to sit down. I dropped off the snacks at our seats and then did a washroom run. We went to see The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. Bad title! It was okay. I really quite enjoyed it and thought the performances were good. I haven’t read the book so I’m not sure how close it stuck to the story. 


We came back to Tsuruoka after the movie and didn’t stop anywhere. At the house I made some tea for myself, F filled up the kerosene tank and we had a quiet evening, for the rest of the night. 


I have NO idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow. F isn’t one to make plans. That drives me crazy because I like to have plans or at least a rough idea of what we might do. The one good thing is that the weather is fairly good right now. There is still snow on the sides of the roads, but most roads are drivable and we haven’t had to shovel snow for a few days. Whew. It means if I need to go for a walk, I probably can if I want to. 


Anyway, that’s it for me for today. Come back later if you like and hear all about my Saturday. Until tomorrow….


No comments: