January 3, 2024

Wednesday - Rainy and cloudy, warmish


F got up rather early this morning which surprised me. I think he was practicing for tomorrow! I woke up quite early, and made a trip downstairs, but went back to bed. I ended up getting up to stay around 11 am.  I grabbed some breakfast for myself downstairs and brought it up to eat. 


F had made his mother something to eat and then we talked about going out.  We went to a couple of electric shops before we could find something that I needed. We got a workaround at the second store.


F needed something from his aunt’s house to give to his work. He has to “prove” that he went to his uncle’s funeral or something. Unfortunately, his aunt wasn’t home, so we left.


We drove out to Mikawa and did a little shopping. I wanted to check out the yarn situation to see if they had any bargain bin stuff going on. They didn’t. They had stuff in bags, but it was mostly wool or wool blends and those aren’t my favourites. My skin doesn’t like wool that much. F got himself some underwear which was on sale and I looked at handbags to match my funeral outfit. I could have got one, but I didn’t buy it today. I didn’t want F to make a present of it to me when I don’t really want to go to any more funerals if you know what I mean!


We decided to go downstairs to Mr. Donut and have something to drink and maybe a doughnut. When we got there, they were nearly out of doughnuts. Luckily, they still had F’s favourite, so we got that and he had coffee and I had a tea. We sat in the food court area for a while and ate and drank.


We decided not to go out for dinner unless there was no food available in the deli section. We took a quick tour and found a few things to buy. We got another platter, but this had mostly meat-based things like chicken wings, chicken bars and pork stew. We got some deep-fried tofu and F picked up some pickled veggies and we chose some sushi too. 


We checked out and then left the mall. We came back to the house. On the way back, F’s aunt phoned him to see what he wanted and they had a bit of a chat. I was very quiet in the car. I wore my mask most of the time in the car with F. It’s probably a bit late as F does seem to be coming down with my cold. Poor thing. 


At the house, I changed my clothes and then came back downstairs. F got his mother up and heated up some of the food too. We had quite a nice meal except F did the thing that he often does, he gave his mother too much food. He’d be better off just giving her a little bit at a time because she gets overwhelmed by the amount of food on her plate. 


I got to do the dishes afterwards, but it didn’t take that long. I listened to some of my podcasts and rather enjoyed myself. When I finished the dishes, I did up the garbage in the kitchen. There was a lot and I cleared out some of the stuff in the fridge too. 


I put the full bag in the genkan and then said goodnight to K and told F that I was going upstairs. I did that.


Upstairs I did up my garbage and left the bag for him. I spent a bit of time on YouTube. I normally would shower tonight, but I decided not to. I really didn’t feel that great, and I didn’t want to be in a cold bathroom downstairs. 


F came up somewhere around 10:30 or so. I got him to help me with the electrical stuff from earlier in the day and then he did up his garbage! He’s off to bed now as he has to go back to work tomorrow.


So, that’s about it for me for today. It was a better day because we got out of the house and stayed out for a while. The weather is rainy, but I’ll take rain over snow any day. I’m still feeling all plugged up, but I’m hoping that I won’t be for too much longer!


Tomorrow I have a few plans but I’m not sure if I’ll actually do them. I should take down my Christmas tree and do some laundry, but will I? You’ll have to come back and find out! Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: