August 21, 2018

Tuesday - Hot, humid and sunny

A good day.  

I woke up in the middle of the night and had to make a trip downstairs. I wasn’t too happy about that. Still, it had to be done.

F left this morning and I got up just after and watched the news. I had an early breakfast again and then watched a couple of shows off the DVR. I checked over my class plans for today’s lessons and then F came back for a little visit. He said that he might take tomorrow off work as he needs to take his mother to the eye doctor again. I reminded him again that I’m working and can’t go out with him. I also reminded him that I worked late tonight, until 9:00pm. No problem.

I had lunch a little early today and afterwards did my dishes and put them away. It was so hot today, it got up to 35 degrees in our bedroom again, and there was barely any wind. It made it very uncomfortable for me. I had to towel off before I changed into my work clothes. I gathered everything together and went downstairs to wait for the taxi. I noticed that the taxi wasn’t due to come for about 20 minutes. Oops. I was ready too soon.  I did another chore and then waited. The taxi today came one minute late. Yesterday it was ten minutes early. I have no idea what they are thinking! I was taken to my first lesson. Things went well and then I caught another taxi to my next place to teach. I had a couple of lessons there and I think they went well. They were a lot of fun to teach. 

After classes were finished, I did up my paperwork and then turned it in. I phoned F to see where he was. He was in the parking lot waiting, so I joined him.

He’d already eaten something with his mother at the onsen tonight, so he didn’t want too much. I was thirsty and asked for a drink bar. We went to Gusto and had a fairly nice meal. I had a cold noodle dish, F had a kakigori and we shared some fries. We used a lot of coupons so tonight’s dinner wasn’t too expensive. Yay us. 

We picked up a few groceries on the way back. I needed some lunch stuff for tomorrow. I have no idea how long F and his mother will be at the doctor’s office, and I have to be ready to leave fairly early. I may not be able to go out to eat. I think I’d rather stay in anyway. 

When we came back to the house, our bedroom was so hot. F turned on the AC right away. I’ll have to turn it off when I got to bed in a few minutes. I had hoped that the heat would be over for the year since the last few days were cooler, but not yet. 


So, tomorrow I’ll have F around at times and I have to leave for a couple of late afternoon classes. We might be able to do something fun in the evening. That’s my hope anyway. Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: