August 20, 2018

Monday - Warm and sunny

A good day.

I woke up a little earlier than I wanted to because F came back to the room and spoke to me.  I tried to sleep on, but I wasn’t able to.  Sigh.  Still, I did need to get up today so I wasn’t terribly upset.

I had a quiet morning. I tried to do a few things earlier than usual. I had breakfast around 9 instead of ten, but for some reason didn’t get properly dressed until after I’d eaten!  

I had a quiet morning really. I watched a bit of TV and checked my stuff for my classes.  The usual sort of thing.  

I had lunch around 1 pm and then took my plate downstairs to wash.  When I came back, I got changed into work clothes and got ready to go.  I was trying to back up my computer too, but wasn’t able to get it started.  I had to leave that for later.

A little after 2 pm I heard a noise outside and checked the window.  My taxi had arrived.  It was 10 minutes early.  I expected 5 but this was crazy.  Luckily I was nearly ready anyway and went out to meet him.  

I went to one of the places I teach and had a good couple of lessons.  I was brought back to the house when my classes were over.  The taxi driver was quite funny. He’d try to talk to me, but he didn’t really speak English and I didn’t really speak Japanese.  

At the house, I said hello to K and after changing clothes I came downstairs again and gave her a drink and a freezie.  That was nice, I had one too.

I went upstairs again and waited for F to finish. He’d said he’d be late tonight.  About 30 minutes later I heard his car outside.  He came upstairs to change and was surprised to see me!  He’d thought I work late tonight and had bought food for him and his mother to share.  I thought it was typical F and laughed. I did ask if he’d like to order in bentos, so that’s what we ended up doing.  We ordered them on the net and F and I picked them up.  We brought them back and together with the food F bought earlier, had ourselves a nice little feast.  

I had asked that F take me out a little later for some ice cream and wifi so we ended up at McDonald's.  We each had a Black Thunder Flurry and a drink.  It was nice, but McDonald was rather busy tonight.  

We came back to the house and I took a shower, then did some of my crochet. I untangled a knot from yesterday and went a bit past where I was.  I think I’m over half done now. Yay me. 

I finished the evening with some Project Runway. Tim Gunn used his save tonight and I had a feeling that he would.  I think it was a good choice.  


So that’s about it for me for today. The day started with my hometown on the TV as a backdrop to Edmonton, and the end happened with me being tired before bed! Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: