August 22, 2018

Wednesday - Hot and Sunny

A bad day.

Unfortunately, F took today off work. It caused all sorts of problems for me and made my day even more stressful than usual. Sigh.

It started okay. He got up early, I got up at my usual time to watch the news. He snoozed a bit while it was on, but before 9 left with his mother to go to her doctor. I had my usual sort of morning, it was rather nice. I had my breakfast and watched my shows, no big deal.  

When F came back with his mother, he asked me if I’d like to eat lunch and offered to take me somewhere. I didn’t mind, especially if we could be back before 2:00pm so I could get ready for work.  It was 12:30 when we left. We’d discussed a couple of places, and decided on one near city hall. However, on the way, F suggested another place.  I was okay with it. When we got there, the two places that I like to eat were closed. Sigh. We looked around outside to see if anything was open, but F couldn’t eat at a yakiniku place and I said that I wouldn’t eat unless he could. Then he said that he could have a keisendon and went back into the original building.  He barrelled up to the order machine, going around the people in line looking at the menu and put his order in.  Then he came back to me and asked me what I wanted.  Honestly, nothing.  I was so upset with him. My two choices there were soba/udon or things on rice.  None of them appealed to me.  I had lovely salad, bread and chicken at the house that I had planned to have as my lunch today.  What I got was a diatribe on how he didn’t care what I wanted to eat, the same basic crap he’s been spouting for ages. Now, if he’d asked me before he ordered, I would have said I didn’t want to eat anything there and could have gone elsewhere. However, he’d already paid. He ate a bit and then got sick and disappeared. He came back and said he wasn’t feeling well. He finished his meal and disappeared to the washroom again. By now it was almost 1:30 and I needed to get back to the house and change and eat. I didn’t know if I should take a taxi back or what. Just as I was giving up on him, he reappeared. Apparently, he’d been sick. While I felt sorry for him, it didn’t make up for him letting me watch him eat and me needing to have lunch before work.  

We finally got back to the house and I go into the kitchen immediately to prepare my lunch. Only, there’s no bread. Someone has eaten both slices of bread. I got to have salad and chicken for lunch. While it was good, it wasn’t terribly filling. I was furious. If either of the two people I live with had told me that they had eaten it, I would have bought more, but they chose not to. Talk about adding insult to injury.

When I went up to the room it was roasting. I closed the windows and turned on the air conditioner. I couldn’t get dressed without it. I managed to get ready before my taxi time and after asking F what he preferred, I turned off the AC.  

I went outside and met the taxi there and went to work. I had a good couple of classes and quite enjoyed myself. I came back by taxi afterwards, even though I really didn’t want to.

F was out when I came back. I gave K some tea and then came upstairs. I changed and finished up my paperwork and sorted things out for tomorrow. 

F spent time on the bed and I got tired so I tried to nap for a bit. I didn’t manage. I told him he needed to get something for his mother so he left and got her some food. When he came back, I asked him if I was allowed to eat. He was very obnoxious about the whole thing but agreed to take me somewhere. The first two places I requested either were full or closed just as we got there. Sigh. Finally, I asked for Cocos and was told that he’d stay in the car. That was fine with me!  I didn’t want him around anyway. At the restaurant, he peeled off a ¥1000 note and gave it to me. Big deal.  I went in, got a good table and had a nice meal.  It wasn’t Japanese food, which I was greatly relieved about. 

We came back to the house afterwards. F was waiting in the parking area for me.  We got a tiny bit friendlier on the way back, but honestly…I am so tired of him acting like feeding me is difficult.  It isn’t. I’m not nearly as picky as he is. I just like good food and not crap. He, on the other hand, thinks things like ramen and udon and soba are healthy. They might be, in moderation, but not the way he makes them or eats them. 

Anyway, I have to get to bed soon. I have early classes tomorrow.  I’m on the last couple of days of this teaching assignment. I’ve enjoyed it, but with the added stress of having F around drives me crazy. This is why I no longer have a job. I get zero support from my husband, in fact, he goes out of his way to make things more difficult for me. With friends like him, who needs enemies or jobs?


Let’s hope tomorrow is a better day. Can it get much worse?  Until tomorrow….

No comments: