April 22, 2019

Monday - Cool but sunny

I had a rude awakening this morning. I was sleeping away and was really fast asleep when I started to hear wire scraping something near my head. I woke up and discovered that F had dropped his glasses over the bedhead and was trying to fish them up. He basically demanded that I get up so that he could move the bed. Considering how asleep I was before he woke me up, it was rather mean of him.  I went back to bed a few minutes after he got his glasses. 

I got up this morning and went to the park for a walk. It went quite well. Today I listened to Secret Garden and rather enjoyed the music. The cherry blossoms are falling so the walkway is covered with lovely pink petals. I managed to make it all the way around today so I was quite happy with myself. Yay me.

Back at the house I watched ER and then did a couple of loads of laundry. I watched Major Crimes as well and then around noon I took a nap. I was quite tired, couldn’t keep my eyes open. That killed an hour or so.

When I woke up, I decided to go downstairs and fix lunch right away. I did that and came back upstairs to eat. 

I watched a bit of TV off the DVR and then turned off the TV for a bit and started my column. I featured one actress, so at least it is a start. 

F had popped in for a brief visit today, and then called again around 5:30 to say he was on his way back.  He wanted to know about dinner so I suggested either bentos or going out to a restaurant and I listed a couple we could go to. I told him to think about it on the way back to the house. When he arrived he had decided to go to one of the two places I’d suggested. 

The three of us piled in the car and drove out to Kushibiki and the Chinese restaurant we go to. We all had a dish and shared it, then added on an order of gyoza to make things interesting. I didn’t have my usual, I had subuta or sweet and sour pork. The food was okay, but as usual, I didn’t like F’s noodle dish.  Stodgy with added stodgy sauce. Blerk. He always orders it and he always gives me a ton of it. 

After dinner F drove us all back to Tsuruoka proper and took us for a drive to see the cherry blossoms. Everywhere we went was dark, and in one place we got a little lost.  I suggested going past the place where they used to live so that’s what we did. F stopped the car and we got out and F and his mother relived past hanami.  

We dropped K off at the house and then F and I went off to the Internet Cafe for 3 hours. I enjoyed it. I watched a bit of TV and then a lot of YouTube. I was working on one craft, but my yarn had a problem so I stopped. No point in continuing. I did a few rows of my scarf though, so at least there is that!

We came back to the house via the 7-11 that F always takes me too.  (Truth be known, I’m not a 7-11 fan, I like the other convenience stores!) I got a few veggie sticks and brought them back to the house.  F kept trying to ply me with chips, but I mostly kept on with the veggies!

That’s about it for today. I watched So You Think You Can Dance and then turned off the TV. F is still up but has gone to bed. He’s trying to distract me which is working more than it should.


Tomorrow I’m not sure what I’ll get up to, hopefully, more of my column. Come back later and see what happens. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: