April 21, 2019

Sunday - Sunny but a tad cool

F and I slept in a bit, but F did get up before me today. He set up the bread maker and then took his mother to the onsen.  

While they were gone I took care of a few personal things and checked out my computer. F phoned to ask if I’d take the bread out of the bread maker which I did.  

When he came back, he fed me and his mother some of his nice bread with jam. Yum.  We talked about going out for lunch, but if he wanted to see the movie today, we would have to leave immediately for the theatre. Which we ended up doing.

We went to see If Beale Street Could Talk and we both really liked it a lot.  F got mad at the bad cop in the film, which is a sign that he really got it!  It was a bit odd having a popcorn lunch, but okay too.

After the movie, we decided to get a bento for K so went to a grocery store. Before that, we visited the upstairs hundred yen shop. I picked up a few things for a repair I’m thinking of making and also some more coat hangers!  I always use them. In the grocery store, we found bentos for K and the two of us.  We decided to have a quick and late lunch with her.  We zoomed back to the house.

At the house, F heated up the food and prepared to feed us. I went upstairs with our personal shopping and then came down to help. We didn’t have a lot of time, so when F started bringing out extra plates I asked him not to.  We would have to wash them before we left and time was running out.  We had planned to leave the house at 5:00, it was then when we started to eat! 

We ate, cleared the dishes and F washed and I dried. He never clears the drainer first which really annoys me. It’s his stuff usually. Both his mother and I empty our stuff out of it. Grr! 

We left for the aquarium a little late but did just make it. We arrived when they were seating people. I made a quick trip to the washroom and asked F to save me a seat, which he did. The concert was good, but I came very close to falling asleep for the first half. I had my eyes closed and I was worried about snoring during the show!  I got my second wind later on and stayed awake.

We came back to Tsuruoka afterwards and after a bit of discussion in the car, went to Komeda Coffee for a light dinner and some wifi.  I had a Katsu Sandwich and F had a pizza. I liked mine, he said his was okay. We were there for a bit and then walked over to the grocery store to pick up the things we forgot to buy earlier!  We didn’t buy too many junk items.

We came back to the house and got ready for bed. I took a shower then stayed up to write this lovely long entry. 

I had a great weekend. It was fun to actually go and see three movies in one weekend, F and I didn’t really argue and we did things which I liked a lot too.  It was good to go to the craft fair and to the aquarium.  It’ll be hard to start a regular week tomorrow.  Still, Golden Week is almost here. I hope it goes well.  


Come back later if you like and see what happens on Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: