October 13, 2018

Saturday - Sunny but cool

An okay day.

I woke up this morning to an empty house. F had taken his mother off to the onsen.  Fair enough, I knew he was planning to do that, but was surprised that he did without waking me up!  I got up around 9 today and got dressed and then took care of a few chores around the house. I did a little vacuuming up here and grabbed my breakfast too.  As I was going upstairs I heard the door open. Sigh. No time to relax for me.  F came upstairs and was all happy and cheerful and I was grumpy to him until he went away!  

A little while later we tried it again, and things were fine. I offered some hot water for coffee and he had some.  We vegged for a while and then talked about lunch. I suggested a lovely local place which F inexplicably disses every time I mention it, he countered with another place that has good food, but a crappy atmosphere. Since he was in a mood, I let him go there. I did warn him that it wouldn’t be good for his stomach. He’s trying to avoid meat these days.  It’s a restaurant run by a butcher’s shop.  See the problem?  

We went and for a change were able to get in fairly quickly. We bought tickets from the machine and then ordered the amount of rice we wanted. I had steak on small rice, F had mix fry with regular rice I think.  The waitress had told us that if it got busy we’d have to have other people sitting at our table, but luckily that didn’t happen. It did get lined up though.  The food was good and I liked my steak, but it’s not a place that I’m anxious to go again in a hurry.

We went for coffee and dessert afterwards to Aomoriya and then ran a few errands.  I got some more cotton thread at the hundred yen shop and then we tried to get a reservation at a restaurant for next week. However, they were already fully booked. Sigh. F made a reservation for Bistrot des Pontes again. Yay. It’s for his mother’s birthday. I just hope she’ll go!

We went back to the house for a while and spent ages in our room. F napped a bit, I was on my computer for a long while. Around 7 I suggested getting his mother some food or going out.  F checked and his mother had already eaten, and was on her way to bed! I was getting peckish so asked that we go somewhere.  We ended up at Gusto, which was fine tonight. I had chicken, F had oysters and udon…it was some kind of Japanese set.  Around 8:10 I asked that we go to Yamaya to check it out. It’s the local alcohol shop that sells foreign foods. We didn’t leave the restaurant until 8:35. F heads out onto the main road but does turn when I pointed the entrance out.  Instead of trying to park outside Yamaya, he heads towards the big MaxValu!  I had to strongly protest. I wouldn’t have been in a hurry for MaxValu as it is open 24 hours. Yamaya closed at 9:00!  We did a little shopping. We got a few snacks and I got more rooibos tea. F got some “fake” beer and as he was in line for the checkout, they started to play the “get-out” song…aka Auld Lang Syne. We left at 9:02 I think.

We came back to the house and had a quiet night in. I watched a little telly, but not much. It’s quite cold in here tonight, I can see I’ll have to start using my heater soon. Boo!  

And that’s mostly it for today. We have NO plans for tomorrow and that is a bit scary. Come back later if you dare and see what does happen. Until tomorrow….

No comments: