October 14, 2018

Sunday - Cold and a little rainy

A surprisingly good day.

I woke up this morning quite early then went back to sleep.  F had made bread in the bread maker overnight and got up to take it out. He brought me some, but I didn’t want it at 8:30 in the morning. I wanted more sleep.  

I got up a few hours later and F brought me more bread, which was lovely of him.  It was a nice breakfast. He made something like whole wheat craisin bread.  It was good.

He took a nap for a while and around 1 I asked him if he wanted lunch.  He said he did, so we finally left the house. I gave him lots of suggestions for places and he chose the Daiichi Hotel’s restaurant.  However, when we got there, he said his stomach wasn’t good so he wouldn’t eat. Yay. We went in and were informed that lunch would finish at 2:30, which I knew already.  I had one of the daily kinds of pasta, a cabbage-bacon-eringi mushroom peperoncino.  Yum.  With it, I got the salad bar, coffee and a small dessert.  F had coffee.  He enjoyed the free wifi and seemed a bit put out that I’d rather eat than play with my phone. 
After lunch, we couldn’t think of anything to do.  We were going to leave the mall when I suggested F look at the bookstore. I looked around too, but then remembered I wanted something from the hundred yen shop. I went in, got a few things and met up with him again.  

After that, we went to the car and drove off to his house.  When we got near, he asked me if I wanted to drive to the beach and I said yes.  

We drove off.  Around Kamo Port, he turned the wrong way and we ended up at the aquarium.  He really only planned to turn around in the parking lot, but he was directed to a parking spot and parked the car.  I pointed out that we have passports so could go in for free and since it was late in the day, shouldn’t be too busy.  Well, we went in and it turned out there was a concert that evening!  When we visited the aquarium on Monday, we saw the signs but didn’t think we’d remember. And we were right!  We decided to stay on a bit and watch.  We toured the exhibits and got to see lots of lovely looking jellyfish.  The place is amazing.  F wanted to get his free ice cream that he is supposed to get for visiting five times.  All the places were closed.  I can never understand how he doesn’t know these things about Japan. They close early. If last entry is 4:30, the restaurants are closed by 3:00.  Luckily I noticed that the front desk was selling onigiri so he got a couple for himself. He was hungry finally.  

We stayed for the concert…it was a duo concert of piano and trumpet. It took place in front of the huge jellyfish tank, so it was cool to watch the jellyfish while listening to light jazzy music. I enjoyed it but was cold. My chair was in a draft zone. Luckily I had my jacket and could use it to protect myself from most of it.

After the concert, we drove back into Tsuruoka to get dinner.  We decided on one place, then F changed his mind and drove to another. He said the name of it, but I confused it with another better place.  When we got to his place, it was nearly closed. He said he’d go to the place I thought he meant but started whining about it being expensive.  Since I wasn’t feeling that great by now(I have a cold coming on) I told him it was fine. He could just drop me off at the grocery store and he could go where he wanted. We ended up deciding to get food at the shop. I made him get something for his mother’s lunch tomorrow too as we thought she’d be in bed already.

We drove back to the house and K got up. She wasn’t too pleased with us. Actually, that one I understand. We didn’t let her know we’d be out late and didn’t have much food in the house for her. She ate the bento that F got for her lunch tomorrow then went back to bed.  

F and I ate our meal upstairs.  I was in a bit of a mood, not feeling that well and not getting to buy food that I really wanted.  Took a while, but I got over myself and we were fine.  

F has gone to sleep and I really need to get some too. I don’t want to be sick, but I think I already am. Darn!  

Oh, and for your viewing pleasure, some jellyfish!!
The huge tank.  I have no idea who is in front of the tank!









Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: