June 20, 2019

Thursday - Hot and sunny

I had a good and slightly quiet morning today. I did a couple of loads of laundry so at least something was accomplished by me. I had breakfast and watched a couple of episodes of This is Us.  Good stuff.  

I had a quiet afternoon really. I watched some stuff, I had lunch and that was about that. F didn’t call until after 5:15, but when he did he was on his way to the house. He asked about dinner, so I reminded him that he had bought fish yesterday. I said that he could cook the fish, I’d cook some cabbage as a stir-fry and we had salad too. He and his mother could have rice and that would likely be enough for us all.

That’s about what we did.  F cooked the fish, I cut up and then sautéed the cabbage and we went to the living room and ate. The fish was fine, the salad was good, the cabbage was great but there wasn’t enough for three of us.  Anyway, we all enjoyed our dinner.  We cleared the table and F washed the dishes and I dried them. He even did the fish grill so he got bonus points for that!

I wanted to do some grocery shopping and F wanted to have a bath tonight. At first, we did neither. We went and had coffee together, iced coffee.  It was good.  After a bit, I checked the time and realized that F didn’t really have time to do grocery shopping before going to the onsen. The onsens close at 10 pm around here and it was after 8:30.  I suggested that he drop me off at the house and he go to the onsen. When he was done, we could do our shopping.  That’s what we did. 

I came upstairs in the house and spent quality time with my computer. F called me when he was done at the onsen and I came down to meet him. There was a little overlap, but nothing serious! 

We went back to the grocery store where we were when the earthquake happened. It was a little freaky being there again, particularly since it was almost the exact time of the earthquake.  Nothing happened happily.  I got a lot of groceries. I’m going to try and make a salad I read about on the net. Fingers crossed it’ll work out.

We came back to the house and I put the groceries away. When F does it, I can’t always find them! We came upstairs and fairly soon after F took himself off to sleep. Tomorrow he has his health check so I think he’s a bit nervous.  K is also going to be out and about tomorrow, so I might get a box unpacked or something.  We’ll see how things go!

That’s about it for me. I hope this makes sense as I’m getting tired. Let me know if it doesn’t!


Until tomorrow….

No comments: