June 19, 2019

Wednesday - Rainy

I woke up this morning and F had already left for work. I didn’t hear him go out so he must have been very quiet.  

I got up and stayed up. I didn’t feel right about sleeping on while he was at work today.  

I had a very quiet day. I checked in with K early, made a point of talking to her. She was watching NHK, the doom and gloom earthquake reporting channel. I can’t bear to watch for very long.

I didn’t do laundry today and I didn’t work on my sashiko or my Postcrossing. I think today was a quiet day to try to chill. 

F wasn’t terribly late today. When he called me I suggested doing a meal from the freezer but he didn’t like the idea. He suggested going out to get our shopping and picking up bento too.  That was what we did.

F drove us over to the grocery store. He was so tired and had taken some medicine. It was a bit scary. We bought food and brought it back with us. 

Back at the house, F started heating the food and disappeared. I set the table which wasn’t hard as we were having bento.  I got out glasses too. Somewhere along the way, my right thumb decided not to co-operate and to hurt like bloomin’ heck. It made life difficult. Trying to use chopsticks was hard.

After dinner, F fell asleep on the tatami. K and I did the dishes. She washed some of them, I rewashed the bento containers as she missed a few spots. 

I went upstairs and let F sleep on.  He came upstairs an hour later or so. I watched a bit of TV and took a shower, F went to bed. He had wanted to go to an onsen, but his favourite is having a break.  

And that basically is that. We had a slight aftershock a few minutes ago, but it was really mild. 

I don’t really know what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I might do laundry, and I’m supposed to cook dinner.  Come on back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….


2 comments:

Rosa said...

Hi Helen,

I read your blog yesterday about the earthquake then went to look at the news. It was a big one! Glad you're ok!

Can I just say how much I appreciate reading your daily blogs. It's a nice (and often much needed) break from my own life to read about your ongoing Japan adventures.

Take good care of yourself! And I know it's a useless sentiment in Japan, but remind F not to work too hard.

Helen said...

It was quite a big one and we were a bit too close to it! I think we got lucky this time. I haven't heard about too many injuries. There was a bit of damage, but we're fine.

Thanks re the blog. Sometimes it is therapeutic getting it all out. I like reading your blog for the art and the food and because I'm just nosey!

I'll try and get F not to work too hard...I am hoping that he'll be better today as he got a good night's sleep.

As always, thank you for visiting and commenting!