June 21, 2019

Friday - Hot and sunny

I woke up around 7 this morning, which really surprised me. I wasn’t sure why I did. I went down stairs to use the loo, came back upstairs and ended up falling asleep again. I woke up at 9 am and was terribly surprised that it was that late!

I dressed quickly, made the bed, the usual stuff. I was able to say goodbye to K as her friend picked her up. I watched the two of them toddle off to the park. 

Around 12 I went outside and did a little gardening.  Sort of!  We’ve put out some solar lights around the garden to give us some light, but some of the bushes have overgrown and are blocking the lights. I tried to give them more light.  They seem to be a lot better now. I was out for about 20 minutes or so, but that is unusual for me. 

I had a fairly quiet afternoon.  I didn’t get up to anything I shouldn’t!  I made some tea for dinner, I had lunch and K came back around 3:30.  I hope she had a good time. She’s so deaf that it is hard for her to communicate with other people.  She has a hearing aid but she won’t use it as she doesn’t like it. 

Around 4 pm I went downstairs and washed my dishes. I also got a head start on dinner. I spent about an hour chopping vegetables and herbs. I put them in separate containers for later.  Whew. It was so hot in the kitchen, it really was.

F called around 5:30 to say he was finished work. I suggested that he bring us some dessert for after dinner and I got busy. I mixed up some of the ingredients for the salad, plated some things, set the table and then when F arrived I got into higher gear. I cooked the meat and mixed the almonds into the pea salad.  Everything went on the table fairly quickly and we had a great dinner.  I used two recipes from Simply Recipes tonight, one for Cold Pea Salad (amazing!) and the other for Garlic Steak Bites (really good).  Most of the dinner disappeared and people were seen taking seconds of the Pea Salad (and some other people took thirds!) It was good.

F and I did the dishes fairly quickly and then went out.  He needed gas for the car…I still can’t understand why he didn’t fill up yesterday…so we bought gas and then went to Starbucks for something to drink. Today we both had the Lemon Yogurt Frappucino. I really liked it.  It wasn’t too sweet nor too sour.  Nice.

F and I sat and drank and played with our phones. I did a few things, then stopped when it seemed like a good time. I asked F if we could go but he wasn’t ready yet. Grr.  I had wanted to watch something off the DVR with him tonight, but he wouldn’t leave.

We got back to the house about 20 after 11. I told F about a TV show that was on about the Kamo Aquarium, so he watched it.  A couple of my friends were in it, but I only saw them from the back.  This isn’t their grand chance for fame.

And that’s about it for the day. F has set his alarm for tomorrow morning, but I don’t have to get up so I’m not planning to. Wish me luck with that.  I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow…perhaps a concert in Kamo, or a visit to the Chido Museum?  I’m not sure.  Come back and find out what I get up to later.

Until tomorrow….

No comments: