September 8, 2019

Sunday - Hot and Sunny

Sadly today wasn’t as good of a day as yesterday. I think F’s body feels the incoming typhoon and is crankier than hell because of it. Of course, if you asked him, it is all my fault!

We all slept in this morning. We had no plans after all. I got up before 11 and F was downstairs making breakfast for himself and his mother. He offered me some toast, but I wanted some yogurt so said no. I took my food upstairs to eat as usual.

We slept a bit more I think after we ate, it was a very quiet and relaxing morning.  Around 12 he wanted to go out for lunch, so I obligingly got dressed and the two of us went out. We went to the newish restaurant Arpeggio again. It’s nice, but Japanese food doesn’t exactly float my boat and I dislike having to eat it as much as I do. I was going to order one dish, but F told me that it had natto on it. Huh?  He’d been encouraging me to have it before, why would he do that? I don’t eat natto!

I had soboru, or ground chopped meat on rice for my lunch and it was okay. I quite liked it. F had half a piece of bacon and said he liked it. After lunch, we tried to come up with a plan of something to do, but we failed, so just went back to the house where F took another nap. I was on my computer for a while and then I took a nap. When I woke up, F brought up a cut-up nashi for us to eat. It was really nice.  I don’t often have fruit, I just don’t like it, so when I say this was nice, I meant it.

Around 6 I suggested that F take his mother out for dinner but he didn’t hear or acknowledge me in any way. He left the room then. He came back and wanted to go out. I asked him if he’d heard me or ignored me. He said he’d heard me but didn’t answer. He’s got hearing problems lately and I am torn between yelling to him or treating him like normal. I’m frustrated and on the verge of tears most of the time with him.  He always has his iPhone’s earphone stuck in his ears too. He wouldn’t even talk to me at lunch because of it. 

We went through a list of restaurants for dinner. F would suggest one, I’d suggest something else and then he came up with one that was okay.  We all piled in the car, except of course I had to go out first and check that K’s seat area was clean. F can’t be bothered even though it is his junk in the way. We went to Misono and had a pretty good meal. K had udon, I had chicken cutlet and F had the chicken cutlet set with rice and miso soup.  F shared some of his veg and pickles with us, so that was nice.

We came back to the house and F said that he was going to suggest one of the restaurants that I have refused to go to again.  I said it was fine as long as he dropped me off somewhere else.  He ordered me out of the car. I refused to get out and reminded him that we needed some shopping tonight. 

We dropped K off at the house, and then F and I went to the grocery store. He was so unfriendly in the store it wasn’t funny.  I reminded him that I’m going to be out with a friend for dinner tomorrow night, so he’s in charge of feeding his mother. I’m just not going to do it!

We came back to the house and took showers separately and when I came back to the room he was watching TV. He did ask if I had anything I wanted to watch then so that was nice of him. I didn’t.  It’s not that I don’t want him to watch TV, it’s that where he sits and where the TV is, are very far apart.  I’m usually in the middle. It’s inconvenient and since I’d rather not watch Japanese TV programmes a pain for all of us. Sigh.

After he got settled into bed I did go over and talk a little with him and things seemed better.  I know that his back bothers him, but him being grumpy all the time is hard on everyone else!


Well, that’s about it for me for tonight. I hope that I won’t be out too late tomorrow, I’d like to be able to get to bed at a decent time…whatever that is. Come back later if you are interested and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: