September 7, 2019

Saturday - Hot and Sunny

Today was unexpectedly a good day. I got up fairly early this morning and got ready to go to the doctor’s office. F and I got there in fairly good time and were seen after not too long of a wait. I did a bit of crochet in the lobby too while I was waiting, so that was good!

After the doctor’s office visit, we had to slink off and get money as we hadn’t brought enough.  We came back and paid, then got our medicines.  Oh, joy. 

After that, it was lunchtime. F and I talked about it and decided to go to one place on Ginza-dori, but their parking was full. We found “free” parking but decided to go to a different restaurant. I was glad, as I like the one we went to, a pasta place, but I never get to go there since we moved. I had ham pepperoncino, F had a crab pilaf and said it was okay. 

After lunch, we talked about something to do and F wanted to take me to Mt. Chokai. That’s what I thought he said anyway. He mentioned a coffee shop on Mt. Chokai so I thought he meant the one at the onsen near the summit of Chokai-san. Nope, he meant the one out in the boonies that he took me to last year. Different story and a much better place.  I agreed but suggested getting a bento for K for her lunch. I wasn’t sure if she’d eaten yet.

We picked up something for her and dropped it off. I dropped off some stuff for myself and upstairs in our room it was over 30 degrees. Yuck. I came back to the car with F, but before I went out, I suggested to K that she use the AC.  It was so hot and humid today, it wasn’t good for her I though.

We drove off and I’m afraid that I fell asleep for a bit. I was really tired. I woke up just before we arrived.

F and I parked and went in. We had a lovely glass of iced coffee and some dessert.  The view from inside was beautiful. It looked so much like the prairies I was delighted.  The place was also a lot busier than it was the last time we came, so we didn’t stay too long. 




We drove back to Tsuruoka and F asked if I’d like to go to the Mall. Yes, but…it was getting later and I was worried about his mother. I suggested getting something for her dinner and giving it to her. We went to a grocery store and F picked up some nice things for her. We dropped them off at the house and discovered that of course, she hadn’t used the AC, so F made her turn it on.  She doesn’t want to use it just for herself, but we’d rather she used it than end up in the hospital or sick. She ate a bit and we headed out again.

At the Across Plaza, we visited a few stores. We went to GU but didn’t buy anything because the sizes were too small for us, Toda Books but didn’t buy anything. I haven’t been there in yonks and their English book supply is even smaller than before. Sigh. I suggested dinner before Don Quihote which got a good response. We checked out New York New York which was a branch of a restaurant we used to eat at, but it had closed. I told F it closed early but he didn’t believe me. 

We went into the mall and both of us had bibinba at the food court.  Just plain simple ones with a drink add on. It was nice really.  

We did a little window shopping in the mall. I went to Aeon and looked at the craft department and suggested that F go and look for something for his car.  He did, so I had a few alone moments. Yay.  I looked at yarn. The saleslady was setting up a big display of yarn and as I was leaving I touched some of the yarn and told her that it was pretty.  She agreed but said it was a bit early to set up yarn today as it was so hot. I agreed and we discussed the temperature.  What is so cool about this little discussion is that it was all in Japanese. Woot! If F was around I never would have said anything to the clerk because he’d spend 5 minutes telling me what I said wrong!

F and I met up and went and looked at the ladies clothing. I looked at some things with an eye for my sister, but also for me. I tried a few things on but didn’t get anything. The things that fit didn’t have sleeves and I don’t do sleeveless, and one of the ones with sleeves had such a narrow head opening I could barely get my head in it.  My head may be a little puffed up, but it isn’t THAT big!

We left the mall and came back to Tsuruoka.  We hit up a drugstore where F got his windshield washing liquid that he looked for. We picked up a few other things and then came back to the house. K was long gone to bed of course.

It was so hot in our room that F turned on the AC. Instead of doing a reasonable thing like putting it on a few degrees cooler, he cranked it cooler. Then he got too cold and is wrapped up in a blanket! I made the AC not cool so much, so I’m comfortable. I took a shower and did a bit of internet stuff. 

That’s about it for me.  I have NO idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I hope it is something good though. Come back later if you like and see what we get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: