November 19, 2019

Tuesday - Rainy, Windy and Cold.

F woke me up this morning around 7. He’s a noisy one, he is. I was nice enough to wish him a good day and mean it too. I went downstairs for a minute and came back upstairs. I went back to bed “until my alarm went off” and of course completely overslept. I was up before 9 though, so not a complete layabout. 

I had a fairly quiet morning. I did do three loads of laundry though, but that was a good thing. I didn’t see K at all, I think that she was in bed most of the day.

I did my decluttering today too. I went through another drawer and tossed a bunch of yucky things, kept some cool things though. 

I knew that F would be working late tonight. He told me that he’d finish around 9 pm, so I decided I’d better get dinner over early. K and I could eat and then I’d have a couple of hours to myself after I cleaned up. 

I went downstairs, heated the soup and decided that I’d open a bag of pilaf from the freezer for us to share. There was a little salad left from yesterday too.  Did we need anything else?  I hope not.  The soup was hot, the pilaf warm, so I took everything out to the table. K was a bit surprised that it was only us, so I explained that F would be late tonight, around 9 pm.  We had a nice meal and she had the local news on so it didn’t bother me like usual.  

I cleared the table when we finished and made a pit stop before I started the dishes. That was when F called to say he was finished work. It was barely 7 pm! I asked if he wanted dinner and he said he did.  

He got back to the house a few minutes later and I was able to have the remainder of the pilaf and the last of the soup on the table for him right away. He was watching the TV and playing with his phone and sitting with his mother, so he didn’t need me around. I asked him to wash his own dishes and then went upstairs after I washed my pot.

He came upstairs after a few minutes and said that he’d like to go to the onsen. That was fine. I went along for moral support and because I needed some groceries afterwards. I took some knitting with me because I hate just sitting in the lobby.

F went off to bathe, I sat and knitted and listened to a couple of podcasts. F came out a bit early and then we left. While he was in the bath, his uncle had called and we both thought the same thing. An update about Granny?

F called back from the car, but it had nothing to do with his grandmother. His uncle talked to him all the way back to Tsuruoka (we have a hands-free system in the car) so F missed the turnoff to the grocery store. I told him we needed groceries again and he rerouted us. 

We got our groceries and then came back to the house. I took a shower and then watched The Handmaid’s Tale, F was probably on his phone. 


And that’s about it. Tomorrow I should be having dinner with a friend that I don’t get to see too often. I think we’re going for pasta to Pisolino, but I’m not sure if we will.  Come back later and find out! Until tomorrow….

No comments: