November 20, 2019

Wednesday - Cold, rainy, with bonus snow!

I got up this morning because I noticed that my dear husband had left the bedroom door open when he left for work. I had my little heater on near my bed and all the warm air was being sucked out the door. Argh!

I had a quiet morning. I didn’t do laundry today, but I had breakfast, watched a little telly and I even took a bit of a nap. Unfortunately, F phoned me while I was asleep, but it wasn’t a big deal.

The afternoon was quite quiet too. I watched a bit more telly and did my decluttering. It’s getting harder to find things to throw out. I know that’s a good thing really, but I just have so much stuff. Ten more days…I hope I can do it. 

F tried to make a dentist’s appointment for me for Friday but wasn’t able to do it. She’s busy!  I could have told him that. He also messaged me to say that he had made a reservation for our dinner for Friday night. Yay.

F finished work around 5:30 and came back to the house. My friend was due to arrive around 6:00 pm, so I wasn’t sure who would arrive first. F did, and he got started on dinner for his mother. He didn’t even change out of his uniform tonight. He was planning to take his mother to the onsen tonight after dinner.  

My friend arrived and we went off in the middle of a hail/snowstorm. She drove very carefully and we made it safely to the restaurant. We went to Pisolino, the Italian buffet place. It was quiet tonight, and for some reason, there wasn’t a lot of food put out. It was difficult for her to get a lot of dishes from the buffet section as many of them had meat or alcohol in them. She had a pizza and I had pasta, and it was quite nice. I enjoyed my meal.  I enjoyed our conversations a lot more though!  It was nice going out with someone who wasn’t F! 

She brought me back to the house around 10 pm. The snow was gone by now, so the roads were okay. F was in the living room watching TV. I think he was waiting up for me, bless him!  We came upstairs. I went back down after changing so that I could do up the garbage in the kitchen. It took a bit of time as usual, but I got it done. Yay. 

I came back upstairs and watched New Amsterdam and enjoyed it. I did a little internet stuff too.  And that’s really it. I’m very long-winded these days. I’m sure I really don’t need to write so much, but I enjoy stretching my English. 


Anyway, I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I’d like to work on my Christmas craft, or maybe on my nengajo. We’ll just have to see what I get up to. Until tomorrow…

No comments: